Lens zooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens zooms

Tried a bit of zooming during some long exposures,Think this technique died out years ago but still fun ? 24-105 zoom used for these examples.

EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: Lens zooms

Well I've not seen much of it for years. So nice to see some people still like to experiment. A Pearl & Dean moment ;-)

Thanks for sharing

Comment

I think now it would all be done PP. But I do like. Must remember to try and give this a go.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

This is something that I have never considered but it works. Well done.

Experimenting is often more fun and often rewarding.

Comment

You are right this tecnique is not so popular these days, but thank's for reminding us how effective it can be, as Di said must remember to give it a go. thanks for the post.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by raymon View Post
            You are right this tecnique is not so popular these days
            Mainly because it's usually not done very well. These, on the other hand, are done very well and a subject that suits the treatment too. I think I like #1 the best, the little burst of light adds something, but they're all very appealing.
            Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Many thanks to all.

I'm not sure what reminded me of this technique think it was quite popular in the mid 80s.Think Woolley was right about the subject, neon lights are perfect for this effect.One tip for anybody who's going to try it is to start form the large end of the zoom and then zoom out,( in English; i started at 80mm then zoomed out to 24mm) if you do it the other way round its hard to frame the subject correctly

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

I tried this years ago using slide film..there are some great lights to zoom with in Blackpool...I had to wait for a week before I saw the results.
                with digital you get to see it on the day...tried a few last week.
                I like yours..have you tried it with trees and people?
                All good fun.

Peter
                There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

I tried this years ago using slide film..there are some great lights to zoom with in Blackpool...I had to wait for a week before I saw the results.
                  Thanks Pete

Blackpool will have a million opportunity specially this time of year.
                  Nothing can beat seeing you pics on a small slide viewer images just jumped straight out at you almost in 3D. yes the wait was a real pain,but how exciting when it arrived.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X