18th Century Spindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18th Century Spindle

I came across this interesting old spindle some time ago when I was on holiday in Magaliesburg South Africa

Corner Spindle by Chodeva, on Flickr
    regards
    Donald

Re: 18th Century Spindle

I like the subject matter and conversion....a lower POV would perhaps of been better and the legs would not have been chopped off

Comment

lovely textures and an excellent conversion

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

A very nice mangle, probably cost a pretty penny in its day. Do like the colour conversion.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

That's great, I love it. Looks as if it was taken 100 years ago!
          Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

The ornate iron work works great with the wood grain.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/47830258@N08/

Comment

Great photo love the toning. There was one of these on an old farm I used to visit when I was a boy. I think we call it a mangle. Could imagine that would be the result if a finger ever went through it!

Comment

Conversion works really well pulling the image together, Looks like your avatar has the same treatment which also works well.

Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Very nice B/W, nice textures. When I was young we called these mangles . They were used for pressing out water from clothes. In the distant past when photographers glazed their own prints I tried putting a highly polished sheet of metal with photo attached through one of these. That takes me back some years.
                  Cheers
                  Treff
                  Last edited by Treff; 30-11-2011, 11:34.

Comment

Nice image, took me back to my childhood watching my mum & nan doing the laundry in the back yard, lovely memories thank's for posting.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X