Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen Pond

Another from last week and our little photo walk in Bourne Woods

Took a few minutes for me to work out the almost perfect reflection was due to the frozen surface.

Ice reflection by graydon63, on Flickr

Canon 7D
    Canon 70-300mm L IS USM

I hope you enjoy.
    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Re: Frozen Pond

Very good - I like how the softness of the reflections enhance the sharpness of the piece of wood. Simple shot but very effective!

Peter

Comment

I'm not entirely keen. The piece of wood being in focus needs to be the subject, but compositionally the picture is leading the eye away from it and towards nothing in particular. A bit of play with paper in front of the screen suggest this would be better recropped to portrait format with the wood sitting on the lower third roughly central. This also has the advantage of losing the other bits of detrius which are generally a bit distracting.

Colours, exposure and the reflections are all great.
      Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Thanks guys,

Wooley, I like the idea of the portrait format crop. I'll have a play. I must admit I was seduced by the colours and reflection.

Graydon
        Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
        EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Working...
        X