Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banana Split

Well more of a slice than a split.

I saw something very similar in the latest copy of one of the photo mags and thought I would try and replicate it. My first vattempt last week ended with mush and banana everythere but trying again today with a different method was more successful, I just need to get a better peel and positioning of the skin.

Shot with my 7D and 100 f2.8 L IS macro, manual at 1/200, f 8 and ISO 400 and two flash guns one either side at about 45 degrees, manual at 1/16 power

WDYT

Stan

Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: Banana Split

Nice concept, I agree that the peel could possibly have a better line to it but am not sure how to improve it but would like to see the final result

Comment

I agree good concept, I also think you have executed it really well, I dont think the peel is too bad either, I do think perhaps a sharper knife for slicing or maybe run your finger lightly around the edges of the slices, to remove the little burrs a cleaner edge may improve the detail. or am I nit picking, sorry.

Ray

Comment

Cheers guys

I think the main things are to sort out the pealing properly and leave a proper dome of banana at the top.

You also have to work quickly as they dont take long to start going brown

I only bought two bananas today and have one left to have another go with tomorrow

Stan

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          You also have to work quickly as they dont take long to start going brown
          Stan
          I don't know if it would show too much but if you coated the banana with lemon juice it would help stop it going brown and give you more time to work with the fruit

Comment

Nice concept & I think that you executed well.

Tom

Comment

Intresting as i always peel the banana upside down and was told it is easy and less messy and you will have something to hold on to.
              Raj
              Flickr

Comment

I don't know if it would show too much but if you coated the banana with lemon juice it would help stop it going brown and give you more time to work with the fruit
                rather like it stops apples going the same way, a good thought

Thanks Tom and RJ

Intresting as i always peel the banana upside down and was told it is easy and less messy and you will have something to hold on to.
                good idea for eating but not sure it would work with what i am doing

Stan

flickr

Comment

Working...
                X