First attempt of many...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First attempt of many...

As an eager to learn photographer, I feel i need to try all aspects of photography.
    So at the weekend I tried to do a little bit of still life / product photography. I hope these images fall into that category. I would love some feedback from everybody, as this was my first attempt at this ever. I had alot of fun and will definitely be trying more of this during the colder months.

IMG_2425.jpg IMG_2424 (1).jpg
    IMG_2423.jpg
    IMG_2463.jpg

They seem a bit soft, perhaps DOF smaller app. Also unless it’s intentional the bottom of the pumpkin is in deep shadow
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks for your feedback Trev, I know I had to reduce the size of the jpeg file for uploading to here. The full jpeg is around 11Megabites so had to half it to upload it. Not sure if that would result in them being a little softer? But I do now see that the one with the candle in is quiet soft around the pumpkin vines area, I never noticed that before. Think I was only using f5.6 maybe go to f8 next time?

I know what you're saying with the shadow in the pumpkin, i messed around with it for a while back and forward trying to decide if it was better in the shadow or not, I pulled the shadows up in lightroom and it was much clearer along the bottom, but I ended up putting it back in because I thought it looked a bit better at the time, but now I'm unsure

Comment

Working...
      X