• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Splash Reflections

To get the new sub forum off, some more reflections from yesterday

splash by Neptuno.Photography, on Flickr

splash by Neptuno.Photography, on Flickr

I also did a few with the bubble as well and although i managed the bubble placement quite well by lining up with a blob of blu tack on the side of the tray (TIP ), it was quite difficult to judge what size of bubble i needed - this one just got in the frame

bubble and splash by Neptuno.Photography, on Flickr

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Re: More Splash Reflections

Very nice Stan The colours are superb.
    EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

Thanks for looking Chris

Your link on the other thread was interesting - the guy is certainly using some serious electronics ( couldn't reply over there as it seems all the threads have been closed)

Stan

flickr

Comment

Yeh Tobias certainly has some seriously good shots. A bit of a brain box too by the looks of it.

Chris
        EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

Again, nicely done Stan.

Tom

Comment

I like that Stan.

Once again a good colour combination, but like many of mine, no coloured sheen on the bubble. I can't find the logic where all coming from the same pot, some bubbles have the sheen and some are clear. I recall an earlier comment of yours that the longer the bubbles last, the more they sheen, but I am not finding that.
            Colin

Comment

Thanks Tom and Colin

but like many of mine, no coloured sheen on the bubble. I can't find the logic where all coming from the same pot, some bubbles have the sheen and some are clear. I recall an earlier comment of yours that the longer the bubbles last, the more they sheen, but I am not finding that.
              strange isnt it - I allso did the coffee one again yesterday with a smaller mug Dee got me from Costa and with them although the bubbles seemed to be lasting the same amount of time some have the multi colours and others just plain

Stan

flickr

Comment

Good set Stan, the colours work well and I am glad it isn't just me that has been having trouble with the sheen in bubbles.

Comment

Thanks Ian

I am glad it isn't just me that has been having trouble with the sheen in bubbles
                  when I was doing the bubble shots last month they were always a mass of colour as the matured but of course then i was lighting them with a table lamp rather than just the natural light and a splash of flash

Stan

flickr

Comment

When I run a session at the camera club using the studio flash, they all are a riot of colour.

Colin

Comment

Do you think it may be the fact that we are using high speed flash that it is somehow changing the colour temp or some other variable and not showing the sheen, when I did get colours I was running the flashes at 1/32 power and a studio flash will have a much longer duration than a speedlight at 1/128 or 1/64 power rating.

Comment

Working...
                      X