Mirror- Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror- Image

Saudi Hawks in action at the Al Ain airshow 2009 in the UAE. Although I am married to a pilot ( who flies 777's) this was the first airshow in 17 years of marriage I choose to photograph. Would just like to share this shot.
    Was taken on my canon 40D with the sigma 150-500mm. Oh yes, and it was hand-held !

Pippa
    Last edited by White Butterfly; 09-10-2009, 19:09.

Re: Mirror- Image

Great shot Pippa - now if your hubby and a mate could get up there with a couple of 777's what a shot that would be!!

Comment

Hi Pippa; NICE job - tack sharp...

Hubby an Emirates jockey I take it?
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Petros, I would not like to tempt him to do that ... he is likely to agree to the challenge!! LOL ... trouble is I think that EK management would have his head on a block. If Anthony had still been at SAA , and knowing Laurie Kaye of the world cup flight over the stadium - he would have jumped at the chance without hesitating a hair.

Canon-Fodder - yes he is , he was a training captain for SAA until last year... don't ask how I feel about the move to the Middle East!

I have a load more great shots from the airshow ... guess it helped being invited into the press-box :) a rare thing for a female in the Middle East ....

Last edited by White Butterfly; 10-10-2009, 04:34. Reason: inclusion of images

Comment

don't ask how I feel about the move to the Middle East!
          Well Pippa, the quality of these shots must be some consolation for having had to make the move! Great work!

Comment

i love these 3 shots, there so sharp and clear
            Cameras: Canon EOS 7D
            Lenses: Canon 17-40mm L f4, Canon 300mm f4 L IS USM, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 L MK2 IS USM, Canon 60mm Macro f2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 STM, Sigma 10-20mm f4.5-5.6, Lensbaby Muse + Double Glass Lens, Canon 1.4x Extender MK2

Comment

Working...
            X