Free Practice - BSB Oulton Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Practice - BSB Oulton Park

I am a huge fan of motorcycle racing, so jumped at the opportunity to go to free practice at Oulton park on the bank holiday weekend (even though it took us 3.hrs to get there!).
    Here are a few of my favourite images of the day, all taken with the 7D and 200mm prime @ 1/250

Tommy Hill

Michael Laverty

James Westmorland

Stuart Easton

Noriyuki Haga

Shakey Byrne

I really appreciate any comments or critiques.

Cory

Re: Free Practice - BSB Oulton Park

Superb action shots.

Slow enough shutter speed to give some racing blur where necessary, sharp enough where it needs to be. Add to that enough knowledge of the sport and track to anticipate when to press the shutter and that's why you have such good shots.

If you will allow the very slightest of suggestions, try to allow a little more space in front of the bikes. Easily done by selecting one of the off centre focussing points.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Thanks for the advice Colin, it's certainly something I'm going to have to look into and have a go at.
      I love using primes for motorsport, so any tips & hints that will help me achieve my best images are always welcomed.
      I do try to (on the whole) keep enough air around the subject, but in some cases have cropped the image in to fill more of the frame with the subject and eliminate some of the dead air. I'll certainly look at this more carefully when processing in future

Cory

Comment

Hi Cory

These again show just how good you are, and just repeating the comments from Colin C, lovely and sharp and taken at the peek of the action. I'd put any one of these images on my wall.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Stunning photos. Thanks for sharing.

Ian
          EOS600D, 17-40mm L, 70-300mm IS, 50mm f1.8, 18-135mm STM, Powershot S95, 12 extension tube, Speedlight 380 EX.

Comment

Great bike shots Great technique.

Ray

Comment

Super duper shots, I wish I had taken these. That lens seems a cracker!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm really blown away by the comments I've received for these. As I mentioned before, I love motorcycle racing, so for me to get the opportunity to take photos of guys I'm usually cheering for on the tv and to get great comments on those photos too, makes my day
                With regards to the lens...............the 200mm prime is one of my newer babies and I love it to bits!!

Cory

Comment

Working...
                X