• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bat and bowler

Few more cricket images from the weekend

Paul

EOS 1D MKIII + EF 300mm + x2 Extender
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: Bat and bowler

Love No#2 Paul it`s the look on both faces .
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
    Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
    Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Nice ones Paul, I hope it was warmer for you than it was for me. #2 is brilliant, and I see no reason why the club wouldnt buy it off you. I did some face on shots of a fast bowler last year, on another forum and there was no interest...I guesss you have to like the game
      Robin

Comment

Love No#2 Paul it`s the look on both faces .
        Many thanks Graham.

Hi Robin

Nice ones Paul, I hope it was warmer for you than it was for me. #2 is brilliant, and I see no reason why the club wouldn't buy it off you.
        The weather was rubbish very overcast but that did make getting their whites exposed correctly," nightmare in bright sunlight"
        As for selling you soon realize its more trouble than its worth,All my images go on the hu17 website and all are for sale.I find its best to get paid for just covering an event rather than working on sales commission even on the biggest events.
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

As an ex-cricketer myself, I love all your cricket pics. #2 for me in this instance; but he needs to discuss his weight with Samit Patel if he has intentions of playing for England.

Nathaniel
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Thanks Nathaniel

As an ex-cricketer myself, I love all your cricket pics. #2 for me in this instance; but he needs to discuss his weight with Samit Patel if he has intentions of playing for England.
            These are the 4ths so maybe he doesn't need to train so much, though i wouldn't like to face him with the bat I'd be terrified.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
              Thanks Nathaniel

These are the 4ths so maybe he doesn't need to train so much, though i wouldn't like to face him with the bat I'd be terrified.

Paul
              Look 'ere mate, I play forths and Im as slim as a whippet! I can see now why you all bat with jumpers on!
              Last edited by hhcanon; 22-05-2012, 20:19.

Comment

Paul, Robin, my playing days are over and I couldn't face today's bowlers. Wearing jumpers is more to do with showing you are a real cricketer, even if you are hopeless at the game!! Sometimes the jumper frightens the bowler no end i.e that you are a REAL cricketer!!!
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Interesting point Nat. but in all my years Ive never seen wearing a jumper as worrying the bowler. As a bowler i couldnt care if they came out in drag, and living near Brighton, thats always a possibility. I was freezing my nutz off on sunday, and today its T shirt and flip flops. I blame global warming and all politicians.

Comment

Robin, sometimes, "clothes maketh the man!!!" I know some years ago, whilst on holiday, we were informed that a certain gentleman in the party was an expert swimmer, having won some medals and cups somewhere. Therefore, when we were in the swimming pool, larking around, we used to make a hasty retreat when we saw this chap, in prestine trunks, towel walking around the edge of the pool, showing off his trim torso etc. However, none of us ever saw this chap actually jump in or swim for the whole duration of the holiday!!! We had to conclude that he was one of the prats who loved to show off to the ignoramus like the rest of the party!

Comment

Definition of an EXPERT
                      #1 Ex is a 'has been'
                      #2 SPERT.is a drip.
                      Simples...now wheres my long-johns
                      Now, this Sunday Im playing against 'Harry Baldwins XI', a bunch of lovvvies, the opener is in the Archers amongst other things, but I will show him no mercy. I will go into their changing room and hide all their jumpers....but...we will all have a good few pints afterwards.

Comment

Without their jumpers, your team will definitely WIN.

Comment

Working...
                        X