Bikes at Brands - 7D or 1D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bikes at Brands - 7D or 1D

Few shot's from Brands Hatch, only had a few hours each day but it was fun compairing the 7D to the 1D mk4.

#1 - 7D & 70-200 2.8 mk2. 1/320, f/5, 200mm

#2 - 1D & 70-200 2.8 mk2. 1/320, f/7.1, 160mm

#3 - 1D & 70-200 2.8 mk2. 1/320, f/4, 200mm

#4 - 7D & 70-200 2.8 mk2. 1/320, f/4, 110mm Was it first left lever back one notch or forward two? ? ?

#5 - 1D & 70-200 2.8 mk2. 1/100, f/11, 182mm

#6 - 1D & 70-200 2.8 mk2 WITH 2x mk3 extender. 1/400, f/6.3, 400mm

Okay now you look through the gallery and tell me which is better in the 'real world' the 7D or the 1D mk4 (mk4 shot's start after #265) HERE

Thanks for looking

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: Bikes at Brands - 7D or 1D

Supern set David and hardly any difference between the 7D & 1D IV, all are quality
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks Stephen.

To be honest - screen / web use and normal prints you really would be hard pushed to tell which was which, it was a very close thing as to which body I kept but after a nudge in the right direction from Colin C I'm pretty sure I have made the right choice.

.DAVID.

Comment

Youre rather good David at this bike racing mularky I must give it a go sometime

Comment

David, I'm pushed to see any difference in IQ, some of them I like better than others without checking what camera was used.

Keep up the good work !

Trev
          Last edited by Trevoreast; 30-07-2012, 18:00.

Comment

Thank you one and all

.DAVID.

if anyone wants a very low mileage 7D it's in the for sale section

Comment

if anyone wants a very low mileage 7D it's in the for sale section
              Just a thought, the only reason I run more than one body is that when the action is most intense, I cannot change lenses quick enough. My second body doesn't see anywhere near the action of the main one, but every shot it takes is a bonus that would have been missed, some of which you have seen on this Forum.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                Just a thought, the only reason I run more than one body is that when the action is most intense, I cannot change lenses quick enough. My second body doesn't see anywhere near the action of the main one, but every shot it takes is a bonus that would have been missed, some of which you have seen on this Forum.

Colin
                Good call mate but I need to sell the 7 to recoup some funds (still have the one Cory uses if needs must) plus for 99% of track side stuff I use the one lens with or without the extender - no swapping whilst racing is on.

See you soon

.DAVID.

Comment

Love the shots, regardless of which camera they were shot on.....it does show however that the 7D is an excellent piece of kit!! If i had the money I would buy another one as a back up, only because i could never afford a FF!! :O)

Martin

I'm planning a trip to Cadwell Park soon to see how I get on with the Canon equipment, has to be better than my previous Nikon gear :O)
                  Martin

It is better to have and not need...than to need and not have!

EOS 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS USM, EF 50mm F1.8 ll, EF 70-200 F4 L IS, Nissin Di866 Speedlight, Yongnuo YN568EX Speedlight, 4 x Yongnuo 622C triggers, a Battery Grip and 4 spare batteries (for emergencies...)

Comment

Another great set. Well done.
                    Martin Mallory Park is also a good venue.
                    Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                    EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Great set as always David and its nice to see motorbike (my favorite mode of transport).

I'm pretty sure I have made the right choice.
                      I moved from the 7D to a 1Dmkiii and have never looked back,these are real tools of the trade cameras,The 1D,MK4 is an excellent upgrade and a great choice, what ever event you have to cover your camera will be ready willing and able.

Paul
                      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                      X