Salford Wake Battles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salford Wake Battles

I took the wife to Manchester at the weekend for a short break and whilst walking around Salford Quays came across the Salford Wake Battles. Shooting wake boarding is a first for me, what do you think?

All taken on a EOS 7D and Tamron SP 70-300VC.

[URL=http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/wynbergsa/media/Sports/untitled-0338_zps3687f637.jpg.html][/URLl

Re: Salford Wake Battles

Goes to show how clean the water must be in the old docks these days. When I worked nearby many years ago ... even getting close to water had its dangers (aside from drowning). And years before that recall the many ocean going ships that use to tie up.

Anyway I didn't know this went on there ... nice set ... and good to see the water alive.

Comment

Very nice set. Lots of good action.

Tom

Comment

wonder if number 4 wants a record of the event.
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
          Goes to show how clean the water must be in the old docks these days. When I worked nearby many years ago ... even getting close to water had its dangers (aside from drowning). And years before that recall the many ocean going ships that use to tie up.

Anyway I didn't know this went on there ... nice set ... and good to see the water alive.
          This was apparently the first such contest in the quays although the wake boarding course is permanently there. The development of the quays has been nicely done and has a really good atmosphere about the place.

Comment

I love them all ... number one being my favorite ....
            [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Working...
            X