Kicking into touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicking into touch

Hull Dockers Player kicks for touch in a game from the National Conference League.

EOS 1D MKIII, EF300mm,f 3.5, iso 400, 1/1250sec, +1/3 exposure comp

IMG_0614 by Paul linton1, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Paul
    Last edited by paul linton; 18-06-2013, 13:17.
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: Kicking into touch

A very nice action shot Paul.

Tom

Comment

Many thanks Tom,
      One thing that pleases me more is i managed to keep the ball in the frame, usually when the player is in a full flowing motion the ball has long gone must of had my angles right for once?
      Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Great action shot Paul, you have caught the concentration on his face perfectly.

Regards Paul

Comment

One thing that pleases me more is i managed to keep the ball in the frame, usually when the player is in a full flowing motion the ball has long gone must of had my angles right for once?
          It wasn't the angles Paul, it was your timing. The more proficient you get, the more you anticipate the shots, the better your timing gets and the more you want to capture ........ just happens.

When you first start, you are reacting to what is happening and generally, that is too late. When you have built up enough experience to be pro-active with your shooting, your keeper rate increases with a jump.
          Colin

Comment

Superb,clean picture. I like it a lot. Well done.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Colin is oh so right in his comment about the fact that you now have an understanding where the action is about to happen.
              I do a lot of polo photography and having played for about 15 years and being a qualified umpire I know where the next play is about to take place and so I am ready. When I take my photography friends along they get frustrated with only having shots of horses tails and heads and I finish up not taking any and spend my time telling them where things are about to happen and their keeper rate increases dramatically.
              I figure it is all down to "local knowledge" when it comes to sport.
              David

Comment

Nice shot indeed!

As stated above, timing is just right on this shot, but I also like the departing ball, and the blurred people in the BG looking round at the kicker. Great 'TV' too, to capture the kicker sharply, and the ball blurred!

I've not 'done sports' yet, but it's a format that's on my list... one to get round to some time!

The same shot taken slightly later with the ball further away, but using a landscape crop would be quite effective too, but this shot stands on it's own merits, regardless.

Well done, Mike.
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Many thanks for all the great comments.
                  Think the 300mm set at f3.5 has done a good job of throwing out the background, though it's still a bit cluttered but with 26 players on the pitch its OK.Also shows the players have grace and finesse (think that's the words I'm looking for)its not all ruff and tumble.

Many thanks again
                  Paul

Comment

A great bit of action Paul

Stan
                    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                    flickr

Comment

Great action shot.

Dave
                      www.trikietowers.com

Comment

Many thanks Stan & Dave for time to look and comment.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                        X