X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victorian Cricketers

Victoria Weekend at Hughenden Manor - Buckinghamshire

Victorian Cricketers by djguk47, on Flickr
    Last edited by djguk47; 17-10-2013, 23:46.
    David

Re: Victorian Cricketers

Thats novel ....
    [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Thanks Wayne.

This was in a competition tonight and managed an 18
      David

Comment

[ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Tom

Comment

Very nice although i might have cropped or cloned the second set of stumps

stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
              Very nice although i might have cropped or cloned the second set of stumps

stan
              Thanks Stan.
              You are not the first to suggest that but I felt it "anchored" the bottom corner and gave a bit of perspective to the batsman and the wicket keeper.

Thanks Tom
              David

Comment

This could make a good 'spot the ball' competition.

Kevin

Comment

A friend suggested that it was part of the Australian Test team getting practice for the return Ashes Series.

ps I am NOt a Brit so you can imagine how well the comment went down with me.
                  David

Comment

If you enter a competition,is post processing allowed.I mean can you clone or generally alter whatever you like ?.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne2418 View Post
                      If you enter a competition,is post processing allowed.I mean can you clone or generally alter whatever you like ?.
                      Only asking the question.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne2418 View Post
                        Hi Wayne,
                        The very simple answer to your question is yes... and here comes the big BUT.... National Geographic Competitions and I believe any image submitted to National Geographic is a big resounding NO.
                        There was a case, I think it was last year, where someone submitted an image and had cloned out a bin, if I remember correctly, and when the entry was submitted to the comp a requirement was that the original image must also be submitted and the image with the cloned bin was disallowed. The bin was at the edge of the image and if it had been cropped it would have been OK.

In club comps PP is allowed. Lets face it you have to enter a jpeg and if you shoot in RAW then the conversation is PP.

There is the odd judge or two who are members here who may "chip in" answering your question.
                        David

Comment

Thanks David .... Read and understood ..

Comment

Working...
                          X