Local football team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local football team

I just thought i would share these photo's with you,they was taken with my new lens, sigma 100-300f4 EX,takes some getting use to as is quite big to hand hold,but even shooting in jpeg they were very very sharp.though i don't think these uploads do them any justice.any comments welcome.
    thanks for looking Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: Local football team

The 100-300 has very good reviews and at a good price at the moment - looks like the reviews were correct
    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
      The 100-300 has very good reviews and at a good price at the moment - looks like the reviews were correct
      Thanks brian must admit first impressions are very pleasing and can't wait to get some more photo's
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Looks nice and sharp to me, football is not a sport i like shooting

Comment

Hi Paul
          The images look good, Have you tried it at any events under floodlights or grim skies yet ?
          Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
            Hi Paul
            The images look good, Have you tried it at any events under floodlights or grim skies yet ?
            Millie
            Hi Milli
            No not yet i was very lucky that day the sun was out, day before was gray and wet, the day after 1 inch of snow.
            hopefully i will get out and about and try a different subject this week and see how well it performs
            thank Paul.

Comment

Cheers Paul,
              I just wanted to know what it would be like under pressure - so to speak

Millie

Comment

The first is a great shot, not heard of the lens before but look to perform well.
                The again it's not the equipment it's the photographer.

Comment

Pictures from the Ceredigion League which I assume you all follow avidly.

Comment

Thanks Ems
                    Great photos If it was Rooney or gerrard in these photos just think of the money we could make !!!
                    we can always dream ,can't wait now for this weekend to come around you've given me more inspiration.
                    Thank again Paul

Comment

Great action shots, right at the peak of it. Well done.

Colin
                      Colin

Comment

Ems,
                        They're a bit good aren't they, especially 4 & 5
                        What sort of gear did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by hughbie View Post
                          Ems,
                          They're a bit good aren't they, especially 4 & 5
                          What sort of gear did you use?
                          1d Mk.3, 400mm 2.8 with or without x1.4 or x2 extenders or both.

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
                            Thanks Ems
                            Great photos If it was Rooney or gerrard in these photos just think of the money we could make !!!
                            we can always dream ,can't wait now for this weekend to come around you've given me more inspiration.
                            Thank again Paul
                            Thanks. Glad you like the photos. The ones I missed (my fault or the camera’s) are even better! At least I don’t have to fight my way through crowds to get to the grounds. I also know most of the players by their first name as well as the one man and his dog watching the game.

Comment

Working...
                            X