What do you think ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think ?

I'm really not sure about B&W in sports, used a very heavy contrast, what do you think.

Porsche 919 Hybrid from the Silverstone 6hr FIA WEC at the weekend

Timo BERNHARD, Mark WEBBER, Brendon HARTLEY Porsche 919 Hybrid by fozzyimages, on Flickr

1Dx, 400 f/2.8 ef 70-200 f/2.8 ef 15mm f/2.8 ef 24-70 f/2.8 mk1 1.4x 2x
    www.flickr.com/photos/fozzyimages/[/url] Website www.fozzyimages.co.uk

Re: What do you think ?

I think it depends on the sport and Motor Racing, as far as I am concerned, works in B&W.
    Equestrian events need colour, maybe Rugby needs colour but does work in B&W

Great shot by the way and good to see Mr Webber behind the wheel again
    David

Comment

All right here goes...my honest opinion

I like it a lot, but I don't love it. The picture, not the B&W. The B&W adds drama for sure.

Why I like it : What I like most is the color and texture of the asphalt, the swirl is beautiful.
      Why i don't love it : The B&W does not make the car pop out

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
        I think it depends on the sport and Motor Racing, as far as I am concerned, works in B&W.
        Equestrian events need colour, maybe Rugby needs colour but does work in B&W

Great shot by the way and good to see Mr Webber behind the wheel again
        Cheers David, appreciate the feedback.

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by DanFlag View Post
          All right here goes...my honest opinion

I like it a lot, but I don't love it. The picture, not the B&W. The B&W adds drama for sure.

Why I like it : What I like most is the color and texture of the asphalt, the swirl is beautiful.
          Why i don't love it : The B&W does not make the car pop out
          Cheers Dan, makes perfect sense, the reason I chose the Porsche was because it's basically a black and white car, thought about a bit of selective colour to lift the car from the background but there really isn't any, it's just a bit of a plain paint job !. Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Paul.

Comment

In B&W it is more dramatic.
            With kind regards,
            Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

The paint job or lack thereof was commented on by Mr Hindhaugh & team at radio Le Mans. I seem to remember the preview paint job was pretty spectacular - still B&W but way more intricate. I wondered if they had to dull it down for their sponsor but they are a manufacturer of lathes and milling machines so no reason there.

Anyway I like the shot but as Dave hinted at I think it is maybe just a bit too dark at the front end ?

Cheers
              Scott
              Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Paul, motor sport is not really my thing, but I like it. I think the mono effect means that you notice the great lines on the track, rather than just seeing the car. I guess this may be a good or bad thing, dependent on your point of view.
                Canon EOS 7D
                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

I like it, and it works very well in BW

Tom

Comment

Lotus 22, Birdcage Maserati, or a Vanwall and black & white would be very appropriate, but the Porsche is so new, it doesn't quite seem right.
                    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Fr1so View Post
                      In B&W it is more dramatic.
                      Thank you Friso

Comment

Originally posted by anderson.council View Post
                        The paint job or lack thereof was commented on by Mr Hindhaugh & team at radio Le Mans. I seem to remember the preview paint job was pretty spectacular - still B&W but way more intricate. I wondered if they had to dull it down for their sponsor but they are a manufacturer of lathes and milling machines so no reason there.

Anyway I like the shot but as Dave hinted at I think it is maybe just a bit too dark at the front end ?

Cheers
                        Scott
                        Thanks Scott, think I need to try and lighten the front to get some detail back, I'll have a go later, thanks for you comment, much appreciated

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
                          Paul, motor sport is not really my thing, but I like it. I think the mono effect means that you notice the great lines on the track, rather than just seeing the car. I guess this may be a good or bad thing, dependent on your point of view.
                          Thanks you Alex, seems to have opinions divided

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                            Lotus 22, Birdcage Maserati, or a Vanwall and black & white would be very appropriate, but the Porsche is so new, it doesn't quite seem right.
                            See where your coming from Colin.

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                              But isn't that all relative Colin. Unless the Porsche engineers get really clever then one day the 919 will be old and the old timers like us will think ... colour eh ? nah better in B&W
                              Scott
                              Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X