Wet n Windy Anglesey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet n Windy Anglesey

Just a random selection from Anglesey for you, I had to give up any thoughts of trying the monopod for the first time in favour of a waterproof anchor - seriously, actually got blown over twice (luckily no one saw me) the rain cover for the camera and lens is great . . . . . until the wind gets inside it and it suddenly becomes a weather balloon with a mind of it's own, AI focus was really pushed to it's limits lol.

Handheld as usual with the racing kit - 1Dmk4 70-200 2.8mk2 and the mk3 1.4 extender.

#1 1/250, f/9, iso 100, 240mm started a little damp

#2 1/160, f/10, iso 100, 180mm dried up a bit for the loonies in the mag7's

#3 1/250, f/6.3, iso 100, 280mm Gotta love that backdrop, it can only be Anglesey

#4 1/160, f/11, iso 100, 140mm lot steeper corkscrew than it looks here

#5 1/250, f/4, iso 200, 98mm suddenly being a mechanic isn't so appealing lol

#6 1/250, f/4, iso 320, 205mm when I grow up. . . . . .

Full galleries here if your interested: Saturday and Sunday

Thanks for looking

.DAVID.

PS: hey Frank - did you go in the end?
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Re: Wet n Windy Anglesey

Another nice set David

Tom

Comment

David,

Thank you for the tickets. I'm afraid our weekend was ruined on the journey over on Saturday morning. We were behind a big HGV and he either dropped or thew up a chunk of steel angle iron. Frank and I were in the back and didn't see it but once it had ripped our tyre to shreds we certainly felt the spinning sensation as the car ploughed into the bank! No injuries apart from shock but the problem was the wheel was fractured. As you know modern cars don't carry spares and the little pump of sticky stuff is not much use with no serviceable tyre or wheel. We were, of course, in the middle of nowhere. To cut a long story short the RAC brought us home on a trailer on Saturday evening. On Sunday the whiplash set in and we had to find a new wheel for the car - which meant a new set of alloys. Not a happy weekend, so I'm sorry to report that we never made it past Colwyn Bay. Thanks for sending the tickets anyway.

Regards

Sara W.

Comment

Sara,

I think on this occasion you are more than excused, at the end of the day as long as you are both okay that is all that matters.

Is Oulton Park any good for you or too far? I may have a couple of spares for Saturday 20th Sept.

.DAVID.
        Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

David, thanks for the excellent set of pics from my part of the world- Anglesey. Supberb set and you have indeed travelled quite a long distance to take these pics. Sara, I am very sorry to hear of the accident. Quite frightening and glad that you both are OK.

Nathaniel
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Nice set mate. Love the Audi. Never been to Anglesey, must get there one day.
            Gary

https://www.facebook.com/motorsportimagesbyghp/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghand_39/

Canon EOS 7D Mk2 EOS 7D EOS 1D Mk III Canon 400 L f5.6 Canon EF 70-200 L f4 Canon EF 24-105 L f4 Canon EF 50 f1.8

Comment

Nice set David, like the first MG through the water and the Audi with the backdrop

Paul.

1Dx, 400 f/2.8 ef 70-200 f/2.8 ef 15mm f/2.8 ef 24-70 f/2.8 mk1 1.4x 2x
              www.flickr.com/photos/fozzyimages/[/url] Website www.fozzyimages.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
                Sara,

I think on this occasion you are more than excused, at the end of the day as long as you are both okay that is all that matters.

Is Oulton Park any good for you or too far? I may have a couple of spares for Saturday 20th Sept.

.DAVID.
                Oulton Park? That would normally be very nice, but that weekend is a significant wedding anniversary, and we are off for some pampering at a posh hotel in the Lakes! Thanks for the kind offer.

Comment

Great sets David - looks like a wild weekend as you say. I recognise the marshall with the long blond dreadlocks from your Sunday set. Not by name but just from seeing her at Silverstone a few times. It surprises me that she doesn't have to hide them away in this H&S obsessed world.
                  Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Nice shots, I love the point of view on #3

Comment

Working...
                    X