• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reserves Football Match

Thanks Tom.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Wondering if I'd ever be brave enough to tackle something like this. Did you speak to anyone? ask permission, or was it a turn up with the camera and see moment?

Good shots by the way.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Dee.

I'm a season ticket holder to Cheltenham Town FC and every now and then, fans are allowed along to watch training (presumably without cameras) and also invited along to watch reserve games (used to be held at the football ground but now are held at the training camp).

I also know the Club Secretary (now also a Director - from school, after match drinks, and also his wife and him bought my old house) and wrote a formal email to him asking if i could bring my camera to take pictures.

Permission was therefore sought, and granted, although in jest he did say as long as I didnt film and sell on any new tactics they were practicing. LOL.

Also, I used to own the domain and run the phpbb forum for the fans (unoffical number 1 forum of the club) which they let me use the logo and that on so have built a good relationship on that front. I also run the website for the 500 Club as well which again is not an official site, but generates funds for the club. I'm not however allowed to do main club games as am not registered under DataCo or anything, although I have to say I have taken my DSLR to a game or two before. Pictures then used on the websites by myself, although I have now handed over the forum to someone else to run, as I was finding it hard timewise to monitor all the time.
        Andy
        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
        EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

Right.. now I know the etiquette. might have a walk up to my local ground and have a word... after all, you don't get with out asking.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Hi Andy
            You've done a great job, good colour/ sharpness and exposure is also nice.

Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
              Wondering if I'd ever be brave enough to tackle something like this. Did you speak to anyone? ask permission, or was it a turn up with the camera and see moment?

Good shots by the way.
              Don't worry Di as long as the players are 18 or over and not full professionals you can photograph them without worry (plus they love all the attention) just go down to your local sports club/park on any given Saturday and snap away.

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
              Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks Paul.
                Andy
                Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Even the pros love getting a wee look into the camera lol
                  Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                  www.campsie.photography

Comment

Must admit I'll practice a little more at the reserve games, with some of our pros playing in it - before I look into asking the club if I can do a home game LOL, although as they have a club photographer I think it'll be a no.
                    Andy
                    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Next to wildlife photography I haven't found anything that's equally rewarding as shooting sports.
                      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                      www.campsie.photography

Comment

I really enjoy going to the reserve games and trying to get some action pictures - its one of those things where absolutely anything could happen out there and its being ready for it. Luckily its in the open and been bright days when Ive been so not been too worried about the higher aperture that i have.
                        Andy
                        Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Working...
                        X