Clear All

Exeter Uni Lacrosse - Lottie and the Mens Team

That's my Girl

Lottie Lacrosse

The Boys

[IMG]Exeter Uni Lacrosse

Exeter Uni Lacrosse

Exeter Uni Lacrosse
    To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Re: Exeter Uni Lacrosse - Lottie and the Mens Team

some excellent shots there what kit are you using ?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Great black and whites. I dare to ask, what's happening in the last shot?
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Nicely done.

Tom

Comment

Hi Ian, Thanks for your comments. I used my 5D Mark III with a EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L IS USM lens (just got my camera so really using basic settings as I had a 550D before and this is such a learning curve )
          To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Hi GeeGee,
            This is called a Face Off. At the beginning of the match and after every goal the ball is placed between the sticks of the 2 opposing players. They then wrestle and jiggle whilst their team members rush in from the outer circle to hopefully gain possession of the ball when it is released. Here are a couple more photos to hopefully make things a little clearer and one at the end to show what the girls do for a face off - more face less off

[IMG]

[IMG]

Comment

Great stuff. I'm tempted to trade my sigma 70 200 2.8 for the Canon f4. It always seems to have the edge, I'm just not sure it's fast enough for me.
              Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,
                The f4 is a great lens but given the choice and the budget I would go for the Canon F2.8 any day............I am thankful that my new 5D mark III is amazing in low light so it compensates (as long as the user knows what she is doing..........still learning). Hoping for a lottery win to get the best equipment and some lessons from the best in the business.....one can dream!!!!!

Comment

We can dream, but I think you are doing pretty well without the lottery funding :-)
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by mammarazzi View Post
                    Hi Ian, Thanks for your comments. I used my 5D Mark III with a EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L IS USM lens (just got my camera so really using basic settings as I had a 550D before and this is such a learning curve )
                    impressive with that lens, I assumed you were going to say a 300/400 L lens or something - you must be able to get really close to the action

I know what you mean about the learning curve with the 5D, I only got mine this year and it takes some getting used to, especially all the AF settings. One of the best things I did was moving to BBF.. increased my keep rate to over 90%

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

An excellent set of sport's action images, i like the mono's, very nice tones.

Comment

Originally posted by quadphoto View Post
                        An excellent set of sport's action images, i like the mono's, very nice tones.
                        Just what I was about to comment. A superb set with some great action and expressions too.

The converted shots have a lovely tone about them with excellent contrast too. So, how did you do the conversion, if that's ok to ask?
                        Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
                          . So, how did you do the conversion, if that's ok to ask?
                          Thank you for your comments Alan. I use Lightroom so I just changed the image to back and white and then adjusted contrast, highlights, shadows etc until I got what I wanted from the shot. I love working in B & W and spend hours messing with different images converting them, then get into trouble sneaking to bed at 2 in the morning

Joanne

Comment

Thank you for your comments Alan. I use Lightroom so I just changed the image to back and white and then adjusted contrast, highlights, shadows etc until I got what I wanted from the shot. I love working in B & W and spend hours messing with different images converting them, then get into trouble sneaking to bed at 2 in the morning

Joanne
                            Thanks for the information Joanne, much appreciated. I too enjoy mono and seem to shoot with that in mind as the ultimate look I'm after.
                            Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

I love working in B & W and spend hours messing with different images converting them, then get into trouble sneaking to bed at 2 in the morning

Joanne
                              I think we are all guilty of that Joanne ... and like you I enjoy B&W far more than colour

Comment

Working...
                              X