Partick vs Inverness in the Scottish Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partick vs Inverness in the Scottish Cup

A wee image from Saturday. More on my site.

Trialling a new bit of software for the Mac called Affinity. It's pretty sweet.

Partick Thistle vs Inverness
    by campsiephoto, on Flickr

70-200 on the 5D3 is pretty amazing I must admit. I wish for the same IQ on the 1D4 or the same speed lol oh yeah that's a 1Dx lol

Thanks for looking

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Partick vs Inverness in the Scottish Cup

Great timing of the tackler with both feet off the ground with good detail and sharpness.
    Whether you take with a 1D or 5D a good picture is always a good picture and this is good

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Cheers Paul. It's hard going between two different cameras. You get used to one then quickly have to go to the other and everythings in the wrong place. Equally, using M on both cameras, same WB, shutter speed and aperture and the 1D4 pics were of a better exposure. Did my box on for about 10 mins of the match. Had to dial in +1 EC on the 5D3.
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Think i found that about the 1DmkIII it always gave good exposures most of the time so you don't have to fiddle around so much with the settings.
        Did you get to try out the 300mm

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Yes used it the whole game. I just need to be more switched on to the action more. I wasn't overly happy with my shots from it but it's a huge learning curve. Wildlife is easy compared to sports. Not just getting an action shot, but as you know, you're trying to sum up the game in a shot the press might use without knowing how the game will end up lol
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Have to agree with Paul's first comment, good sports photo, nice one.

Paul.

1Dx, 400 f/2.8 ef 70-200 f/2.8 ef 15mm f/2.8 ef 24-70 f/2.8 mk1 1.4x 2x
            www.flickr.com/photos/fozzyimages/[/url] Website www.fozzyimages.co.uk

Comment

Great shot Paul. Action caught well and the quality of the image is top notch.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

A very good shot with nice action Paul

Tom

Comment

Works for me, everything tight & controlled.
                  Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                  Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

A significant shot that the team (on the left) should maybe see. It's the tackle that led to the first goal for the blue team (inverness) That player (Marley Watkins) on the right, scored it.

I got 3 celebration shots that game, but no one seems to celebrate anymore. It's just pick the ball up and run away lol
                    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                    www.campsie.photography

Comment

I got 3 celebration shots that game, but no one seems to celebrate anymore. It's just pick the ball up and run away lol
                      If your not getting the celebrations (and that's what the paper generally like) get yourself a miniature but sturdy tripod and a cheap ebay radio control trigger release and stick your Camera plus 24-105mm behind the goal and you'll get some dramatic goal scoring images (again its what the papers seem to like)

Paul

Comment

Aye some guys have three cameras at the game. When Getty turn up they don't mess about either. I just like doing it for the hell of it. It's a personal challenge. If someone uses my pics and I get piad then bonus, but it's an ubber hobby to me.
                        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Sorry mate its just something different to try,and the tripods and triggers are cheap to buy even though you've probably spent enough already lol.
                          My old boss at hu17.net use to stick his camera through the nets doing the local stuff until the referee's started telling him off lol.

Paul

Comment

I love the shots of the ball hitting the net, the goalie diving for it, and the goal scorer. I just don't think I'm at that level yet. Once I'm wiring images in a speedy fashion then yes. Took me 10 mins to do once image cause my laptop will only let me have so much open. Should have saved some money for a macbook lol
                            Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                            www.campsie.photography

Comment

That's a super shot Paul, it has a 3D look to it?

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X