Hillclimb 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillclimb 2

Love it or hate it ........... it was impressive on the hill.

Colin
    Colin

Re: Hillclimb 2

I've always had a soft spot for the Morgan - amazing what you can do with a bit of plywood !! Nice clean shot.

Are you risking life and limb in the middle of the track there Colin - or is there a sharp left/right bend between you and the car ??

jhdee
    jhdee

Comment

He, he. You know me, I'll do anything to get the shot!

Thankfully, there was a 90 deg right-hander to save me from being splatted.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Hi Colin;

A couple of shots a little different from your norm...

I'm not usually a car fan; but there's a couple I like; Morgans & Astons mainly... (I have cheap tastes!)

Google tells me this is a 'Aero 8 GTN' with an appropriate plate! See here if you're interested...

I do sincerely hope it wasn't too muddy on the hill-climb bit!!!!!
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Lovely shot of the Morgan approaching Ashes, a big stop coming in just a few moments, although I hope he's going to turn 90deg left, 'cause it will be a big thump if he turns right (and I've seen that done, albeit not deliberately!). Disappointed he hasn't got the front wheels off the ground as many do over that brow.
          Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

My right, his left I should have said.

Only the very top high powered lightweight specials had any air between the tyres and the road, but I didn't take many shots of those. I am more interested in the modified classics, Mini's, Morgans, E Types, MG's etc.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
              A couple of shots a little different from your norm...
              Don't want to be too predictable!

Truth is I got up late, missed the early morning light for any wildlife, remembered this was on and gave it a go.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                My right, his left I should have said
                He he. I may be learing at this photography business, but I do know my hillclimbs.

Knowing the speed he's approaching and how quickly he's coming over that brow, that's an impressively sharp image.
                Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

From coming into sight at Cascades to Ashes, I got ten shots ............. all pin sharp.

As they were coming towards me and the need for blured wheels wasn't a problem, I upped the shutter speed to 1/1,600 sec. For the sideways panning shots, where I wanted blured wheels and some motion blur in the background, I was using between 1/125 - 1/160 sec. I was a bit rusty with panning for motorsport, so I didn't want to go under 1/125sec, maybe next time.

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Working...
                  X