The Greatest race on Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Greatest race on Earth

I was fortunate enough to photograph the Le Mans 24 hr race last weekend for Flagworld, had a great time,but if I ever get the chance to go again i would do things a lot differently.

Le Mans 24 Hours 2015-0066.jpg by Paul Foster, on Flickr

Le Mans 2015-0002.jpg by Paul Foster, on Flickr

Le Mans 24 Hours 2015 by Paul Foster, on Flickr

Le Mans 2015-0009.jpg by Paul Foster, on Flickr

Le Mans 24 Hours 2015-0180.jpg by Paul Foster, on Flickr

Le Mans 24 Hours 2015-0119.jpg by Paul Foster, on Flickr

Le Mans 24 Hours 2015-0369.jpg by Paul Foster, on Flickr

Le Mans 2015-0001.jpg by Paul Foster, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, more on my Flickr and full album on flagworld.com

1Dx, 400 f/2.8 ef 70-200 f/2.8 ef 15mm f/2.8 ef 24-70 f/2.8 mk1 1.4x 2x
    www.flickr.com/photos/fozzyimages/[/url] Website www.fozzyimages.co.uk

Re: The Greatest race on Earth

Great set again Paul. All good but really like 5, 6 & 7. Seems like it was a good race through the field from my dip in and out on Radio Le Mans & the in car feeds. Amazing to see Porsche win in only their 2nd year back. We could all see they had a fast car over a few laps but I, like many others I suspect, thought that Audi would have the race pace.

So what did you do that you would change next time ?

Scott
    Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Originally posted by anderson.council View Post

Scott
      Yes I'm curious too? From the shots you've posted they look amazing to me, especially like the panned shot through what look like the pits?
      Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Originally posted by anderson.council View Post
        Great set again Paul. All good but really like 5, 6 & 7. Seems like it was a good race through the field from my dip in and out on Radio Le Mans & the in car feeds. Amazing to see Porsche win in only their 2nd year back. We could all see they had a fast car over a few laps but I, like many others I suspect, thought that Audi would have the race pace.

Scott
        Thanks Scott, yes it was a really good race as you say. My first Le Mans was 31 years ago and Porsche won that race also!. I would change my approach to the whole week, time management being the main priority, I had a shot plan in mind but with the size of the place and the logistics of just getting from a to b that quickly went out the window. For example to get to the outside of Indianapolis (first shot) you have to drive outside the circuit to Arnarge, walk up to Indianapolis then sit in traffic to get back into the circuit, all of sudden that's that session over! also like Indianapolis you really have to shoot certain parts of the circuit at certain times for the best light. Overall I was happy but already have a pretty full notebook for next year, fingers crossed!

Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Parsen66 View Post
          Yes I'm curious too? From the shots you've posted they look amazing to me, especially like the panned shot through what look like the pits?
          Thanks Alan, yes panned shot is from pit wall, see previous reply as for what I'd do differently.

Paul.

Comment

Lovely set Paul

Tom

Comment

impressive shots Paul, all work for me
              :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

That's a really nice selection of shots from a formidable 500+ photos from your coverage (https://www.flagworld.com/photos/v/2015/2015-06-14/)

Hats off to you Fozzy!

P.S.: The 1DX/400mm f2.8 is a terribly effective combo, all shots are amazingly crisp and sharp
                Last edited by DanFlag; 21-06-2015, 14:02.

Comment

Superb set Paul. Can tell from all these you had the time of your life. They are all so good I'm struggling to pick a fav but #1 & 5 are my choice.
                  #1/ Loving the warm light and clean back ground and #2 I love the effect with the wide lens. Top Stuff mate.
                  Gary

https://www.facebook.com/motorsportimagesbyghp/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ghand_39/

Canon EOS 7D Mk2 EOS 7D EOS 1D Mk III Canon 400 L f5.6 Canon EF 70-200 L f4 Canon EF 24-105 L f4 Canon EF 50 f1.8

Comment

Bravo sir - to say I'm more than a little jealous would be an understatement! just superb sire

.DAVID.
                    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                      Lovely set Paul

Tom
                      Thank you Tom

Comment

Originally posted by DanFlag View Post
                        That's a really nice selection of shots from a formidable 500+ photos from your coverage (https://www.flagworld.com/photos/v/2015/2015-06-14/)

Hats off to you Fozzy!

P.S.: The 1DX/400mm f2.8 is a terribly effective combo, all shots are amazingly crisp and sharp
                        Thank you Dany, appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by gary65 View Post
                          Superb set Paul. Can tell from all these you had the time of your life. They are all so good I'm struggling to pick a fav but #1 & 5 are my choice.
                          #1/ Loving the warm light and clean back ground and #2 I love the effect with the wide lens. Top Stuff mate.
                          Yes I really did, very tiring but a great experience, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
                            Bravo sir - to say I'm more than a little jealous would be an understatement! just superb sire

.DAVID.
                            Cheers David, really was a dream come true having started my Le Mans experience 31 years ago It was unbelievable to be the other side of the fence for the first time!

Comment

Working...
                            X