The America's Cup World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The America's Cup World Series

Went down to Gosport today, and shot these... Not the best but all I could manage with my 55-250mm lens.

britain by Greg Smith, on Flickr

gbr by Greg Smith, on Flickr

usa_gbr by Greg Smith, on Flickr

sweden by Greg Smith, on Flickr
    Greg Smith
    EOS 600D plus various lenses and filters
    My Picasa Albums
    My flickr Albums

Re: The America's Cup World Series

was hoping someone would be down at the old motherland shooting these as I've been hearing about it all day on the radio

some nice shots, but its times like this you just wished you had something longer a lot longer ;o)... the last shot I like, great bit of action
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Nice series Greg
      Chris

60D, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM,
      EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 EX DC

Comment

You have got some good action shots, the last one in particular.

Yes you can always wish you had something better to use but you've made the most of what you have. Looks like you were on the water?
        Andrew

Comment

I was not on the water but sitting on a sea wall near the old Haslar hospital on the Gosport peninsular, opposite Southsea/Portsmouth. Not a lot of action, today. They were mainly just doing trials. Tomorrow (Friday) is when they will be practicing for real, and the racing is on Saturday and Sunday. The weather forecast for tomorrow is not good so I may not go down to watch, but I might go at the weekend.
          Greg Smith
          EOS 600D plus various lenses and filters
          My Picasa Albums
          My flickr Albums

Comment

wish i lived further south ,always been a fan of big boat racing .and loved the work of beken of cowes

Comment

Nice set Greg

Tom

Comment

Nice set Greg.
                Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Well done Greg.

At least you managed to get something, don't even think the weather was helping you out but at least you were there trying to capture the sport

Paul
                  EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                  Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

nice, thx for sharing

Comment

Working...
                    X