EquiFest Peterborough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EquiFest Peterborough

In hand 1.jpgPre jump.jpgExcercise ring.jpgHi all I was at 'Equifest' Peterborough Friday ,overcast but I thinksome of the pics did not turn out too bad!

I think i upset the main photographers as everbody kept coming up to me to ask for prints!!!Jump1.jpgIn hand 1.jpgPre jump.jpgExcercise ring.jpg

CANON EOS 1D MKIII, 70-200 F2.8 IS
    Last edited by Woodon; 22-08-2010, 19:13.

Re: EquiFest Peterborough

Woodon,
    I have added these so that all can see them in the post rather than as an attachment. I hope you do not mind
    I like these as I am very partial to any images of horses having been involved with horses for many many years.
    #3 and #4 are, to me, the best of these as they are showing the horse "in action".
    If you are at one of these events again have a wander past the warm-up area and you will be almost guaranteed any position you want to get the shot as most people tend to concentrate on the actual event.
    David

Last edited by djguk47; 22-08-2010, 23:37.
    David

Comment

Sound advice from David.

Don't worry about the main photographers. They are not (or very rarely) employed by the event organiser. They started the same way that you have, by attending the event, taking the shots and selling them. The good ones stay the course and make a living, others don't.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

A good series, my favourite is the last one

Comment

Nice series, really like the last 2.

Comment

Thanks David for your reply. Could you tell me how you put the pics as a post?

I used to show jump many many years ago so still have a love for them. my daughter came up to see me and we went to this show. She has just got a Argentinian polo horse which she wants to compete with.

Thanks

Michael

Comment

Thanks David for your reply. Could you tell me how you put the pics as a post?

I used to show jump many many years ago so still have a love for them. my daughter came up to see me and we went to this show. She has just got a Argentinian polo horse which she wants to compete with.

Thanks

Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,
                What I did was to right click on the links in your email and select copy link location then in the reply box I clicked on the 7th icon at the top of the box that says Insert Image (hover your cursor over the icon and the name of the icon will appear) and pasted the link into the pop-up box.

Argentinian Polo horse eh.... I played polo for about 15 plus years and all my horses over the years were Argentinian. The thing to remember when riding a polo pony is that they have been trained to neck rein and are very very responsive to transference of weight in body movements, you only need to look to the right and they will turn to the right. As for starting and stopping, well just sit there and give them the rein and they will go straight to gallop and sit back and they will stop in two paces from a full gallop.
                I used to do jumping on one of mine when she stopped playing polo....she was very very fast in competitions.
                The joke is always that the boards on a polo pitch are only 9 inches high as that is all a polo pony can jump.....don't you believe it....

If you did show jumping then you obviously know about the warm-up area.... and what you want to see in a shot of a horse jumping.....

Good luck with the new pony and lets see lots of horse shots on the forum. I posted a couple of my polo shots a couple of months ago.

David
                Last edited by djguk47; 23-08-2010, 19:56.
                David

Comment

Working...
                X