Kop Hill Climb - Princes Risborough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kop Hill Climb - Princes Risborough

Just a few shots of cars that caught my attention on the Sunday Climb. Weather a bit dull and overcast. WDYT

Shot No 2 was used all day by Meridian TV to promote their coverage of the event.

Had the same issues as every one else in that a wackin great hedge in the way for many of the shots.

All taken with Canon 5D MkII EF70-300 f/4-5.6 AE mode.

1/400 sec @ f5.6 +2/3 ISO400 FL300mm

Slàinte,

Malkie
    Last edited by malkie9; 30-09-2010, 17:17.
    Slàinte,

Malkie

I would be grateful for all constructive comments both good and not so good. I wont bite

Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic

Re: Kop Hill Climb - Princes Risborough

Hi Malkie,

I am pretty much still a Newbie on here and not particularly well qualified to comment but I do have a few thoughts.

Fisrt thing I noticed is that there are blurred areas in the same place on all 3 shots, bottom left, does the sensor need a clean?

No1, Love the Concentration on the face of the Driver with his tongue out and the passenger capture is good too, she looks as if she is waving just for you, plenty of detail in the white of their Overalls, I wonder if it would be better with more of the car in the shot, then again you would have lost the detail of the crew.

No 2, Lovely shot with all the background out of focus, also has an impression of speed and he can't have been going too fast!! good looks again on the crew's faces,might have been slightly better to leave some open road for the car to drive into, posted a little too large for my screen, having to keep scrolling up and down a bit.

No3, Nice shot again, not quite as good as 2 or as well focused, also as with 2 might be better with road to drive into, again though good capture of the crew.

Overall nice to see, thanks, hope I haven't offended you.

Regards Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

The blur at the bottom left you are seeing Paul is bits of the wackin great hedge that I was leaning across just to take the shots. Unfortunately could not avoid them.

It was about 4' wide and 5' to 6' high even after it was cut. I tried to take shots from the viewing platforms but it was useless due to the movement of many people. I am taking a set of steps next year.

Slàinte,

Malkie
      Slàinte,

Malkie

I would be grateful for all constructive comments both good and not so good. I wont bite

Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic

Comment

Well I did say I wasn't very experienced to give feedback!!!

No doubt a more experienced member would have known the difference between something in the camera and something in front of the lens!!! apologies.

Paul

Comment

Paul, from my point of view the more people who have the courage and conviction to offer a comment tghe better, as Nathaniel has said in other posts C&C is expected unless stated otherwise. I think that Malkie was only trying to expand on the physical difficulties experienced.

If peoiple do not post comments and in some cases receive responses / explanations folks don't learn as much. please keep the feedback coming.

Comment

Malkie,
            Great shots despite that b****y fat hedge.
            Quite a few of mine have the "green haze" across the bottom.

I heard they shut up shop early due to the rain on the Sunday.

I have a ladder which you can adjust to make into a platform with a couple of sheets of lightweight metal across the rungs, this will definitely going with me next year.
            Might bring the portable fridge and barbie as well..set up an area in opposition to the Frying Dutchman.
            Will be for Canon users only.....no dark side togs allowed....

David
            David

Comment

Well I did say I wasn't very experienced to give feedback!!!
              But don't let that stop you, because that's how you gain experience.

There were some difficulties with this event that made photography "challenging" for all three contributors that have posted, but rising to the challenge as we do, the answer appears to be a set of steps for the next event.

We are an inventive bunch.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Paul,
                As Muscat said, good valid comment and observation from you as I agree with you when you first look at the shots the "green haze" does look like something on the lens/sensor as it appears in about the same place in all shots.
                To know what the problem was caused by you had to be there to see the great b****y fat hedge which prevented any side on or three quarter shots. I tried lying on the hedge at one stage but started to slip down into it which was not a good idea.
                So many of my shots have the same "green haze"....might post some later just to show that Malkie wasn't the only one with this problem.

David
                David

Comment

This was the offending fat hedge, which was covered in bl**dy thorns as well ...................

Definately taking the ladder platform next year ........
                  Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Definately taking the ladder platform next year ........
                    We should turn it into a mini meet.... maybe bring along scaffold poles and build over the b****y hedge...

David
                    David

Comment

How often does Kop Hill have events? is it only the one a year?

Comment

Yes .......... only once a year ............. it only started up again last year after many years due to an accident
                        Cheers Mark

www.ms-photo.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by X-ray-spex View Post
                          Yes .......... only once a year ............. it only started up again last year after many years due to an accident
                          I believe that as a result of the accident, all street racing events in the UK were stopped. A car out of control hit a spectator as street races in those days did not require the safety standards that race tracks had to abide by.

David
                          David

Comment

It does make it rather exciting to be a spectator:

"Come to the race"

"Watch fast Cars"

"Maybe get killed"

Colin
                            Colin

Comment

Here is a bit of history of the event.

The first speed event up this fairly straight, loose macadam 1 in 5 gradient, was held in 1910. The last event in this early period was on 28th March 1925 and when, as a result of a mild accident to a spectator, the RAC decided to ban all motor sport on public roads. Unfortunately as this was an open public road the public could not be restrained from going and standing where they wished and private vehicles had to be given the right of way if they wanted to drive up or down the hill.

David
                              David

Comment

Working...
                              X