When your smiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When your smiling

Happy days,Though i would get rid of the gum shield.Or maybe their his own teeth

Beverley 2nds

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: When your smiling

Cracking image, and it made me smile (without a gum-shield as well)
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Don't you just hate it when the spinach sticks to your teeth

Cracker of an image...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks for comments,Don't get as much time on hear as i use to, so sorry for the delayed response.Time taken up shooting sport and getting photos ready for mag and website and doing a few reports.
        The wife thinks i spend to much time on the computer doing nothing, when there's hundreds of things to do elsewhere( LIKE SWEEP THE LEAVES OF THE PATH,CUT THE GRASS,WASH THE CAR,MUST BE A WOMAN THING AS I CAN'T SEE THE POINT !) These are only my thoughts and in no way represent the rest of the male population.
        Suppose i should go get the brush out of the shed or shall i look at the latest posts ?
        Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Great photo Paul.
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
          Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
          Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Thanks Graham.

Comment

Nice one Paul
              I like the gum shield in the club colours

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Paul, I've seen some of your other shots of football images, great shots. Can you tell me what sort of focal length you use when shooting most of the images and f number and also shutter speed too please? I've tried shooting similar but cant get my shutter speed quick enough to freeze the subject. I guess youre using an L series lens are you?
                Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Hi bexman
                  I shoot 90% with my Sigma 100-300 f4, and use the EF200 f2.8 only when the light fades (and that's all to quickly at this time of year). I use the iso to keep my shutter speeds up, start around 400/800iso, but like i said this time of year it gets dull very early and i just have to keep upping all the way to 6400iso if need be. if you can get some were near 1/1000sec you'll be fine, below 1/750sec and you'll need a steady hand. I usually set the camera to AV,set my f number( in my case, f4 with the sigma,f2.8 with the canon)then check the shutter speeds I'm getting, if I'm below 1/1000 I'll up my iso .
                  These are only a basic set up you can try, but this is how i set my self up to start, and remember to fill the frame with the action, keep the sun behind you and the action running towards you.
                  And just keep practicing, a lots down to timing .
                  p-s get some of your pic's on here so we can see what level your up to,Then we can give you more advice if need be.Everybody on this site is more than happy to help.

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul
                    Thanks there's some useful tips there, not sure about the ISO as I'm shooting with a 400D and im not sure how much quality I'll lose if I pump it up to much, but I'll certainly follow your tips.
                    Here is one of the images but its just not sharp enough for my liking, your pictures are razor sharp, i've checked and I only managed to get the shutter speed up to 1/400 on this one.
                    [IMG] IMG_3592_1 by Bexman, on Flickr[/IMG]
                    I hired a 70 - 200 2.8 and I was able to get much better images, here is one from a hockey match but again I still couldnt freeze the image that well, maybe its time to upgrade my camera.

IMG_3922 by Bexman, on Flickr
                    Again the above image is still not sharp but indoor sports are another can of worms I guess!
                    Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Very nice shot Paul, I guess he's about to score a try.

Comment

Hi Bexman
                        Nice to see you Put Hull city on there
                        Looking at the football games,the problem seems to be locking the focus on the players,in some images the crowed are in focus but the players are not, so you need to keep the focus points on the player.The only problem with that is you are a long way from the action so trying to keep the focus point on a single player is very difficult as he will be very small in the frame and as you press the shutter you will move around a bit .
                        Your ice skating pics are better, some of the soft focus adds to the sense of speed to the game and enhances the action, so well done on some of those.There are still a few with the focus hitting the wrong part of the action.But overall i like the ice skating images.
                        If you get the chance take some football images from Saturday/Sunday local teams (non-league at the park) so you can get closer to the action and see how you get on,I know it's not the best time of year but you should be able to get the first half before the light goes, and try iso 800 or even 1600 iso and see what quality you get if not very good at least you know.

Paul

Comment

Very nice shot Paul, I guess he's about to score a try.
                          Thanks Mark
                          Your right it was an interception so he started smiling twenty yards out,Luckily when he when over the try line he turned towards me.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X