Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Race

Hi All

Hope you all had a good Christmas and are suitable rested? Its getting to be that time of year when we all look forward to when we can all get out and fill our hard drives with stunning images, to that end I have been cleaning some rubbish, and I do mean rubbish, from mine. In the process of going through some files I found these images of The Great Race. it’s a two hour race for Penny Farthings held in Knutsford and only every 10 years. I was luckily asked by a local team to get some “different” images for them.
    I will let you decide if I succeeded or not.
    As usual constructive c&c encouraged.

Mac T

Re: The Great Race

What a cracking set, 2&3 stand out for me, (some good panning work), must say the contrast between the modern clothing and old bikes looks incongruous (but doesn't distract from the images)
    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I think 3 is a really good photograph with the colour and motion.
      1 really has captured the strain and effort these contraptions demand.
      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

What a great set of shots.
        #3 gets my vote with the panning skill you have shown

David
        Last edited by djguk47; 20-02-2011, 00:22.
        David

Comment

Great set of action images I still wonder how they get of those bikes.

Ray

Comment

Hi All
            Thanks for your comments, It was a good day for photographs.
            To awnser Ray question about getting on. There are two ways, one some one holds the "bike" while the rider climbs on or two the rider hop's along with one foot on a step above the small back wheel, then when he has enough speed he jumps into the seat.

Mac T

Comment

2 and 3 for me, but 2 hours on a penny farthing they must be mad.

Comment

#3 is the one I'd put on the wall!

Comment

Fantastic set - I love them all :)

Joanne
                  To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Great set of images my dont they look like there enjoying themselves?

Coda
                    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
                    X