Liverpool hub 2010 by joncrowuk, on Flickr

Taken at the liverpool hub may 2010
    5D + 70-200L F/4

Re: Bmx Liverpool hub 2010

Total beginner so feel free to ignore.

Like them all, no. 2 is my fave.

No.3 would I think (my opinion only) would look better if the wheel wasn't touching the edge of the frame. Can you re crop it? or I'm pretty sure theres a PS way of putting some room between the wheel and the edge of the photo. But you'll need someone more knowledgable in PS to tell you how to do it.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Hi Jon

Nice set of photos.
      I'm also a beginner so feel free to ignore.
      No. 2 is my favourite followed by No.1 (love the idea of "big air" from the rider.

DaveH

Comment

In no1 the rider was jumping from one platform to the other reaching no less than 25 ft in the air , not for me to high

No 2 was not really what i was looking for to be honest , Looked round and just see it that's how it goes sometimes but it come out well .

Thanks for the comments

Comment

Hi Jon
          Great set of images. My vote is for #1 and #2. Think #3 as every one has said needs more room on the left. This is a if you could take it again mament, #2 I think if you could have taken #2 with a OOF bike through the spokes would have been a winner.
          Hope you dont mind but this is one I took in the summer. Waited for the rider to get "some air" steped in under him and snaped.

Mac T

Comment

Hi Jon
            All are well caught considering the speed and timing needed to capture the action,yes the framing of some could be improved upon.think the first image you have is about right on the framing.
            The shot that stands out for me is image #2,not only does it capture the feel of the event,it would have also been a good advert for the Maxxis tyre company (shame you cut some of the name,think there could have been some deal with them if you had caught it in ful !!!.Its just some thing else to think about when covering events such as these ???)

Nice set well done
            Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Nice set of photo`s in the air action, No 2 to as a edge about that i like.
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
              Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
              Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Nice shot there Mac ,

I should be going back up to the hub festival this year .

I'm going to write down a few ideas on what to look for thanks Paul I do think some future planning needed ,

Not bad though for the first try if I say so myself

Comment

I loved your shots John and you and the camera have done well, but #3 needed just a touch of Photoshop to get the best out of it .............. hope you don't mind?

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Don't mind at all Colin ,

Nice to see what can be done and hopefully learn from it

Comment

Colin beat me to it

Coda
                      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Working...
                      X