Schoolboy Footy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schoolboy Footy

Freezing cold, gale force winds watching my boy play football today in the Malvern Hills. We may have lost in Rugby against England last night but today at least we beat an English side at Football - my Son (pic #3 Blue shirt) scored 2 out of 3 goals. Considering the weather and very poor light my camera was awesome and I got a few good shots.

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]
    To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Re: Schoolboy Footy

With football and lacrosse, you haven't chosen easy subjects Joanne, but between you and the camera, you are certainly coming up with the goods.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Colin, You are now officially my new best friend, honestly by the end of the game my hands were blue with cold and I could barely keep upright the wind was so strong so I was not hopefull on getting any decent photos but this little beauty of a camera and my fairly cheap lens really did wonders. Best money ever spent. God bless you Canon!
      To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

For windy and bad weather you have got some great shots you and the camera are working well

Comment

All very nice and sharp and with difficult subjects, especially in bad light, well done.

Was a penalty given for the shirt pulling in No 1??

Regards Paul

Comment

Thanks for your comments, it makes standing outside in all weathers freezing your bits off worthwhile!

Joanne

Comment

Hi Paul - thanks for the positive feedback, to answer your question the ref missed that one but there were 3 penalties in the match one was given to my son who missed and didn't get his hat trick. He aimed for the corner but a gust of wind took the ball and curved it staight into the arms of the goalie....he was gutted.

Joanne

Comment

We all suffer from wind at one time or another!

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                  We all suffer from wind at one time or another!

Colin
                  Hopefully not while in Malawi... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12363852

Comment

It's nice to see I'm not the only fool who stands on the sidelines on a weekend,Well exposed images and nice and sharp,also captured the action well and nice to see you managed to get the ball in your shots (not always as easy as you think !)

Paul
                    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
                    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
                    X