Skiing in Rotherham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skiing in Rotherham

Spent a very sunny Saturday at Rother Valley(J31 M1),Rotherham and as well as jet skis,hire boats and small train rides for the kids they have a lake for skiing on

It makes for a great day out with long walks,places for bbqs,wildlife and sometimes sun shine
    My friends call me Woody

Re: Skiing in Rotherham

A very nice capture, can I suggest that a crop to reduce the amount of water at the bottom and a little off the LHS to put the skier on the 1/3 makes in my mind a much more powerful image.

Comment

Done it when photobucket catches up
      My friends call me Woody

Comment

It was I must admit my first outing with my new lens the Canon 70-200 IS 11 USM "L" and Im very happy with the pictures
        Last edited by Zed one; 13-04-2011, 05:21.
        My friends call me Woody

Comment

The second one is an absolute peach, I bet you are chuffed to bits with your new bit of glass?
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

The second shot is great as Les has said you must be happy with these and the new lens.

Comment

The second is far better, it concentrates on the skiier whereas in the first the crop is too loose and you tend to wander to all the background distractions

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Thanks you guys and yes the lens is far better than I could have wished for.
                I can still get stunning pictures using the x2 convertor as well and auto focus.
                My first "L" and only my second Canon and Im well impressed
                My friends call me Woody

Comment

Its good fun shooting the wakeboarders, here's one from a comp a few years ago

Comment

Working...
                  X