Senior Cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senior Cycling

Further to my junior cycling post I'm posting these ones of adults had to increase the shutter speed a bit for the panned shots, these ones were a lot faster than the kids

1. Coming towards
    Manual F2.8 1/2500 ISO 100

2 Panned yellow
    TV MODE 1/100 ISO 100

TV MODE 1/100 ISO 125
    3 Panned blue

4 Panned B&W
    TV MODE 1/100 ISO 125

C&C welcome as always

Trev

Re: Senior Cycling

Same standard as the juniors Trev excellent, very well done another good set.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks very much Paul, I think I got carried away with the panning.
      I had a lot of fun !

I haven't checked all my images yet, these are the ones I thought were OK on a quick skim.

For anyone wondering about the watermartk.
      I have my name on these, mainly because I'm posting them to facebook,

Trev

Comment

As Paul has said same good standard as the Juniors

Comment

Trevor. Both this set and the junior one are excellent. I love the panning shots especially - you've done well there.

As an ex-racing cyclist myself, they brought back some happy memories... thank you! I hope to be out with my old club later in the year to photograph some of their events, especially the 'Hilly 12 mile' in Surrey (down Little Switzerland, up Box Hill zig zag, across Headley, and back), and the Kingston to Worthing. Much of the 'Hilly 12' route is being used for the 2012 Olympic Road Race! I'll post if they're like yours, but I've not done any courses, or sports photography at all! We'll see.

All the best, Mike
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks Mike and Muscat.
            I would like to say more but the forum connection is a bit slow (my side ??) at the moment - I don't even know if this will post.

Trev

Comment

Wow Trev, what a great set of images, I think I will have to have a masterclass from you before I set out to Hanover to photograph the Lacrosse World Champs....feeling really inadequate....Helpppppppp.

Joanne :)
              To be born Welsh is to be born privileged. Not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but music in your blood and poetry in your soul.

Comment

Two very nice sets Junior + Senior Trevor.
                The panning shots are particular good, you have the shutter speed spot on for that nice spoke blur to give the sense of speed, yet the riders are pin sharp, well done sir.
                Panning is something I struggle with.

Comment

Thanks again, the kind comments.
                  Trev

Comment

Nice images Trev. Whilst I like the panning shots and the skill required is very high, I prefer the first. A cracker.

Cheers
                    Jim
                    5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Hi Trev, nice images #4 is my fav, I'm a cyclist myself and will be doing The Dragon ride this Sunday. 120 hilly miles in the sun, yahoo!

Comment

Originally posted by EOS_Jim View Post
                        Nice images Trev. Whilst I like the panning shots and the skill required is very high, I prefer the first. A cracker.
                        I like the first one too Jim, however you've got to do a bit of panning, it's sort of expected. LOL
                        My favourites tend to be the ones with loads of vibrant colours.

Some of the lads were telling me the frames of some of theses bikes alone cost £2.5K (shock horror !). I have a £99 Giant from Halfords I only ride it occassionally when it's not windy and on nice flat roads.
                        On 9th June I'm snapping some off road bikes in a forest, in the evening - I'm looking forward to that - will try to post some snaps.
                        Thanks again for the replies :-)
                        Trev

Comment

One of my cousins is into cycling in a big way and spends a lot on stuff..... I've not ridden a bike for years!
                          5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Nice set of photographs, I hope I can do as well in Stoke tomorrow for the Halfords city centre series!
                            "Life is like a toilet roll - the closer to the end you get, the faster it goes."

Comment

I've not ridden a bike for years!
                              I'm not MR Cyclealot either Jim :-)

I hope I can do as well in Stoke tomorrow for the Halfords city centre series!
                              Good luck for today Jagman !

Trev

Comment

Working...
                              X