Cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket

Not seen to much Cricket action on this forum lately,So thought I'd put some on.
    This has never been my favorite sport but starting to appreciate the game a bit more, think a bigger lens might help wonder if Colin C has a 500mm f4 going spare

EOS 7D , Sigma 100-300f4. small note images #2-#3 taken by Matthew with EOS500,EF200+Sigma 1.4 converter.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Re: Cricket

Some great action shots and I like the last one most.

I'd love to help with the 500mm, but it's rather busy at the moment.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Some good action Paul and I like the fact you have got the ball in most shots and it is sharp

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

I do like a game of cricket. Pity the tests aren't on free to air anymore.

Nice photos and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice set there mate.

Comment

Nice action shots I had to cover a local match myself and its not easy to get the images you want.

Peter
            There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Many thanks for your comments,

This was only my 3rd cricket game I've ever taken so still a bit to learn about the game,But do find you can get some majestic images at times,either from the bats man or the bowlers in full flow.It's just in the timing weather you manage to get the cricket ball in the shot and just as important, in the right position too !! ( if that makes sense )

Paul
              EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Would you believe we have a cricket pitch in the village, I might just have to have a try...

Mind you, the only thing I remember about watching cricket, is the pop from the pavillon and the sandwiches if you were lucky.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Hi Dee
                  Just go along and give it a try,Need a big telephoto lens to get close to the batsman but there's always the fielders even the spectators can be interesting to capture,If you have the EF-S 55-250mm lens then you should be fine, although the EF 100- 400mm would be A lot better.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
                    Hi Dee
                    Just go along and give it a try,Need a big telephoto lens to get close to the batsman but there's always the fielders even the spectators can be interesting to capture,If you have the EF-S 55-250mm lens then you should be fine, although the EF 100- 400mm would be A lot better.

Paul
                    I think I might, nephew even plays in a team... so may tag along and see if I can get him in his whites...
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X