Master Mckinney Knife Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Mckinney Knife Defence

I Photographed Master Brian Mckinney recently during the filming of self defence techniques against a knife attack at Torr Hall, Eastham, England. Master Mckinney is an internationally renowned martial arts master. Comments appreciated.

Seven Stars Martial Arts Academy
    Brian Mckinney

Re: Master Mckinney Knife Defence

Very good Colin, I like these a lot, you've cropped them quite tight ?

Trev

Comment

Thanks for your comment Trev, when I was given the opportunity to photograph the filming I knew I wanted to get in close with the shots. I think the quality of the action and the real blade help to make the photos.

Comment

I think the quality of the action and the real blade help to make the photos
        Colin, I would agree with you, 3 & 4 work really well imho. 2 is a wee bit disturbing with the guy smiling.
        I mean disturbing in a good way.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work !

Trev

Comment

Here's one more from the session. I had a bit of a fight myself with the low light during the indoor part of the filming.

Comment

In the words of Mick "Crocodile" Dundee, "Now that's what you call a knife"...

Scary stuff.

Great images though - well done.
            “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
            "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
            "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
            "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Thanks Bob,

I'm still have trouble sleeping)

Maybe some who view this post maybe interested in the actual films which have now been posted on the Diamond Eye Movies YouTube page.
              http://www.youtube.com/user/DiamondEyeMovies

Comment

Working...
              X