Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by petereoin; 25-11-2011, 19:47.

Re: Football

What a great image - their faces say it all!

Great capture of the moment and the IQ to go with it too - something for us to aim for
    ef-r

Comment

Nice photo did you get it in the papers (wonder if anyone as photo from other side with Robbie facing them.)
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
      Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
      Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Hi Petereoin
        Great shot

One thing that stands out about the image it tells the story.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Still can't get excited about poofball BUT I will give credit where credit is due - that is a cracking shot, the bit that makes it for me are the expressions and the guy in the foreground (goalie I presume?)

.DAVID.
          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Awesome shot Peter, I'd be interested to know if this made the papers too?

Is this shot with the 300mm wide open?
            Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

They say "every picture tells a story" this photo certainly does.
              A great image, well done.

Comment

Can you tell me if poss how you get your images to were they need to be Quickly(what software). I'm not sure who you post your images to, be it Getty images or direct to the National papers,Its not so bad uploading 4/5 images but you couldn't upload 200 images through the internet.I presume you process you images straight after the game or even at half time,I'd be very interested how you go about your job after the game when the real work begins. Hope I'm not been to inquisitive but it's that side of your work i need to understand more.

Paul
                EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
                  Can you tell me if poss how you get your images to were they need to be Quickly(what software). I'm not sure who you post your images to, be it Getty images or direct to the National papers,Its not so bad uploading 4/5 images but you couldn't upload 200 images through the internet.I presume you process you images straight after the game or even at half time,I'd be very interested how you go about your job after the game when the real work begins. Hope I'm not been to inquisitive but it's that side of your work i need to understand more.

Paul
                  Paul, one of the methods I use is bulk file transfer. In fact if I have to get images to the club it's always via www.wetransfer.com and it's brilliant. But I don't send images to newspapers as all of mine are primarily used on the club website or programmes. The togs who sit next to me use either 3G dongles or the wifi in the press room to get their pics to Getty and other sites, they literally send them in small collections at points during the game, usually 2/3 at a time.

They have mentioned that for big matches, cup finals etc...they send them immediately (no processing) to a photo editor who will be based in an office somewhere and he/she sends them on.

I too would be interested in finding out what the pro's use though
                  Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by bexman View Post
                    Paul, one of the methods I use is bulk file transfer. In fact if I have to get images to the club it's always via www.wetransfer.com and it's brilliant. But I don't send images to newspapers as all of mine are primarily used on the club website or programmes. The togs who sit next to me use either 3G dongles or the wifi in the press room to get their pics to Getty and other sites, they literally send them in small collections at points during the game, usually 2/3 at a time.

They have mentioned that for big matches, cup finals etc...they send them immediately (no processing) to a photo editor who will be based in an office somewhere and he/she sends them on.

I too would be interested in finding out what the pro's use though
                    This is my workflow:

Lightroom - select photo, straighten, crop
                    Photo Mechanic - code replacement with caption
                    Photo Mechanic - ftp photos during match, half time and end of match.
                    Last edited by petereoin; 17-11-2011, 18:48.

Comment

For League matches you can only upload photos in ten minute windows through the match and at half time and full time. Most agencies don't require very many, just the goal and major incident action sent 'live'. The stock pics are then sent after the match.

Many League stadiums have their own wi-fi in the press room but in a lot of cases it doesn't reach pitchside so it's pretty essential to have a dongle (or better still a MiFi type devise, which seems very popular at pitchside at the moment). Most agencies require the pics sized to a specific size, anything else (brightening, straightening etc) it's much better to get right in camera because of the need for speed but you need some software at hand in case.

When I work for an agency, I use photo mechanic to caption the photo (I usually put the squad lists into photo mechanic using code replacement the night before, again to save time at the match). Then Elements to size and adjust if I have to.Then Zilla to ftp them away. Photo mechanic seems to be a popular choice at matches for captioning but choices for editing seems more varied.

Comment

I think I'm more confused than ever.

I'm sure when you have this all setup it's a piece of cake,But boy If i had to do this for the first time at a game I'd hear the crowed singing "you'll get the sack in the morning "
                        When ever you pros need an assistant let me know as i think i need to see this in action rather that try to work out what the hell I'm suppose to do with it.I'll be still there Sunday morning working it out!!!

Paul

Comment

You have good days and bad days, if you get a few nice goal and celebrations shots first half and get them away quickly at half time its great. If its a boring 0-0 and you are struggling to select shots, and then you have trouble making a connection it can be a bit of a nightmare. I end up trying to balance two cameras and a laptop and wondering which button to press next!

Comment

Working...
                          X