Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 model pictures

Hi All,

Thought it was about time to get rid of a lot of old stuff off the external hard drive. Looking through the 2008 stuff I came across these pictures. I couldn't believe they were this bad! These pictures were all used in my first magazine article. I'm just doing a kit review at the moment & had to redo the pictures because they were not quite good enough. The 2008 picture were taken with a 450D + 70-300mm zoom lens. I some how think they'd never make a 2012 mag article!

Neilly's Flickr Page
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Re: 2008 model pictures

Stop being so hard on yourself...
    They may look bad to you but I wish that I could achieve one half as good as these.

Like the last one

David
    David

Comment

He, he.

You are looking back over three years, during which you have honed your skills considerably and invested in better equipment. On a subject that is dear to your heart and you are very enthusiastic about, I would be surprised if you didn't see an improvement.

Whilst I suspect many of these shots would still be used to illustrate a magazine article, I would also suggest that your skill level puts you way above the majority of other contributors. Don't be hard on yourself - your work was good then, but it's a lot better now.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

It's not the kit (well not 100% true) but it's how you make use of it. You can see you had the 'technique' right back then. IMHO that's always the hardest thing to master ... but helps if you have a passion for the subject material!

Can't wait for you to get the 1DX and a ....... ;-)

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments.

Colin, you're 100% right. I looked at those pictures which I was really pleased with then & now looking at them they seem so 'rough'. I'm still pleased with them with my 2008 head on, but it seems such a long time ago - photography wise. I guess if we all go back 3 or 4 years we'd all say similar things about our past work. Looking back at these old pictures is the only test, for ones self, to just whether or not we've improved.

MX - I can't wait to get a 1D X, too. Still saving hard. I still think the 1D iv will be a hard act to follow, but with all those added features on the 1D X should make it an awesome piece of kit. By the time I get mine Colin will have sorted everything out for us all I hope

TTFN,
          Neil
          Neilly's Flickr Page
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
          Facebook
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

That's the benefit of continuous improvement. I delete many photo's that I would have been delighted with 2 or 3 years ago and long may that continue for all of us.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

I think it is great that you have raised the bar to such a level you can look at these images and think they are not good enough, I would be really chuffed to take anything like these,

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by raymon View Post
                I think it is great that you have raised the bar to such a level you can look at these images and think they are not good enough, I would be really chuffed to take anything like these,

Ray

I was just thinking the same.
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X