Qatar C17 A7-MAB at Manchester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qatar C17 A7-MAB at Manchester

Hi, I managed to catch the colourful Qatar C17 leaving Manchester yesterday....this was about the 3rd time i have attempted to get it!!

Hope you enjoy them, i just love this aircraft and this scheme is great.

Cheers

Carl

Re: Qatar C17 A7-MAB at Manchester

A great set Carl, #2 stands out for me.
    Well done

Comment

Nice ... you work at Ringway?

It use to be Saudi AF C-130's collecting things and parking in the old overnight bays that was the MidEast attraction (along with HS125 BizJet HZ-BIN owned by the family of someone notorious).

One thing I note (and it happened a few years ago) is the runway numbers changed from 24/06 to 23/05 (as magnetic north moves). [Yes and there are Left and Right runways these days ... I recall in the 60's ... before the tunnel ... crossing the runway in a car was controlled by traffic lights!].

Thanks for those.

Comment

Don't know much about planes, or the significance of this particular one, but I do like your images here, No2 is a corker, an abstract, almost surreal feel to it.

Last is very good also, but I would have liked a smidgen more empty space on the left for it to fly into.
        Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
        Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Hi Les, thanks for the comments, i totally agree with you on the last image. i have just bought a 300mm prime lens and i have to admit it is taking some getting use to as i don't have the ability to zoom in and out as i did with my 100-400, so with this particular shot i would have had to let the aircraft get further down the runway in order to get that perspective and i think the angle would have been lost then....i'll get there though :)

Cheers

Carl.

Comment

#2 is the standout for me Carl. Thanks for sharing.
            Graydon
            Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
            EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Hi MX5

No I don't work at Ringway and unfortunately I don't near enough time there! Your comment on the traffic lights too cross the runway made me smile. I am not old enough to remember that system, however I saw some pictures the other day which indicated this, there was hardly any perimeter fence of note either.....I reckon the aircraft were of more interest too!

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Carl

Comment

Working...
              X