Vulcan 2 by Alex 60d, on Flickr

Camera Canon EOS 60D
    Exposure 0.001 sec (1/1000)
    Aperture f/5.6
    Focal Length 114 mm
    ISO Speed 100
    Exposure Bias -2/3 EV

A couple from the weekend which Im not sure about
    Last edited by 2Beers; 17-09-2012, 20:42.
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Re: Vulcan

Better than mine well done...............
    My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
    © JH Foto
    The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
        A couple from the weekend which Im not sure about
        Nothing wrong with them for composition and you've captured that wonderful silhouette well, but for ISO 100 they seem exceptionally noisy. Something awry with the processing? Wild guess is the aircraft was underexposed and you've brought the light levels up to compensate?
        Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
          Nothing wrong with them for composition and you've captured that wonderful silhouette well, but for ISO 100 they seem exceptionally noisy. Something awry with the processing? Wild guess is the aircraft was underexposed and you've brought the light levels up to compensate?
          Thats exactly the problem I am having as being a bit of a novice I am not sure how to correct this and what settings to use.

Also on the day I was shooting into the sun as the flightline was facing south and runway was east to west so the lighting wasn't ideal.

any help or advice is gratefully received

Thanks to all who have commented
          Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Hi All,

Good effort. I agree with Wooley, but I think it also has a lot to do with your EV setting, which is why I don't adjust mine. I used to find I got to much noise on a picture like you've taken and why I think the camera and PC are part of the same team and when you get them both set up right pictures come out better. I also like to take pictures on higher ISO settings, too. I'm regularly taking at ISO800 unless its a very bright day and then I bring it down to 400.

One of my Vulcan shots from the Victory Show. This was a very bright day which made the underside of the Vulcan very dark. Hope you don't mind me posting it.

TTFN,
            Neil
            Last edited by Neilly; 18-09-2012, 09:26.
            Neilly's Flickr Page
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
            Facebook
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Thanks Neil will try out your suggestions next time I am at an airshow infact I wll have a go when the air ambulance flies over as I am on the flightpath for that landing at the hospital
              Alex

Comment

Good attempt, unlike Neil when I take pictures of aircraft I will either use spot metering and TV and a +1EV (you went minus) or more normally I will take a reading off the grass and hen set this into manual mode and shoot with this, if the light changes then I will take another reading and adjust accordingly. I also check the histogram on the back of the camera to see what is happening with the shots. Like Neil I also push the ISO up a little typically around the 400 mark.

Neil is very good at his craft and takes some stunning pictures so when he offers advice it is well proven

Comment

Vulcan

Hello! I'm just curious but have you guys been at the same airshow? A lot of jets in this forum lately :D

Cheers!

Comment

You're best to go manual. Your camera will automtically meter for the sky where the light is coming from instead of for the aircraft which the light is falling on. Meter on TV for the grass in front of you, make a note of the aperture, set the camera to manual and then transfer the setting in. You can try spot metering on the aircraft, but good luck in getting the point exactly on the aircraft (although with a Vulcan, you've got a chance!)

My take on the same shot looks like this:

2009-06-14%u0025252017-22-42%2520-%2520IMG_1869.JPG
                    Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Nurcahyo View Post
                      Hello! I'm just curious but have you guys been at the same airshow? A lot of jets in this forum lately :D

Cheers!
                      I was at Leuchars Airshow at the weekend as was at least 1 other

Ithink Leuchars was the last airshow of the year
                      Alex

Comment

Great detail in #1. Nice work.
                        Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                        EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

Thanks for your comments everyone
                          Alex

Comment

I found another one...............
                            Attached Files
                            My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
                            © JH Foto
                            The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

Working...
                            X