Antonov 124

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antonov 124

I was lucky enough to travel in the world's biggest cargo plane, a Russian Antonov 124, a couple of weeks ago and will do so again next week.

It was carrying about 100 tons of cargo. I was so excited, I screwed up the exposure a bit, hence the noise, but I hope to get it right the next time - here they are anyway.

Hope you like them

Andy

20130619-BNE_5507.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

20130619-BNE_5512.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

20130619-BNE_5573.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

20130619-BNE_5556.jpg by AndyMackie1, on Flickr

[

Re: Antonov 124

Nice se, the fisheye worked will for these images Andy.

Tom

Comment

Lucky chap Andy, I agree with Tom, the fisheye works adds to the aeroplane's bulk.

TomB
      Am I qualified to comment on others!

Canon EOS-60D - EF 24-105mm f4
      L IS USM - Tamron Adaptall2 500mm f/8 with 2x converter - Meike Speedlight MK950 - LEE Filters: professional kit, ND Grad (hard) .3 .6 .9, Coral 4 hard grad & cir-pol 105 - CarrySpeed sling.

Tom Bennett Photography on Flickr

Comment

Some very nice and interesting shots there Andy, also like the fish eye effect.

Regards Paul

Comment

Incredible machines aren't they, thanks for posting the pics Andy.
          Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
          http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
          https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Great images Andy , the fish eye works great on images #1 and #2 but personally not keen on the effect on #3 and #4, but that's me.
            That is certainly a big plane.
            Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
            Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Cracking set of images there
              I am going to hate myself for being a pedant but the 124 isn't the worlds largest aircraft, that honour falls to bigger sister the 225
              EOS 650D & EF-S 18-55mm, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC US, Tamron 28-105mm F/4-5.6, Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II

Comment

Really super set of pics there Andy.

I'm so jealous of the great access you get for these great photo opportunities. Really like the use of the Fisheye in these, really suits the subject matter and space.

Mike
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I do love the 8-15 fisheye and I'm always on the lookout for a chance to use it and the opportunity to fly on this monster was made for it.

Mark, I'd never heard of the 225 until your post so thanks for that - it seems you are correct, although only one was ever made. We're swapping the 124 regularly for maintenance and so the 225 would not have worked, but it does seem like an amazing plane.

Mike, I hear you - I have an amazing job that often takes me to places other people would never have a chance to go and certainly not as frequently.

I hope to get some better shots this week (if the rain stays away) particularly of the plane kneeling down to load or dispatch it's load. The last time, I was hit with high humidity which fogged up the mirror and lens almost until takeoff so I ended up rushing everything - I'd made the mistake of leaving the camera in an air conditioned room until a few minutes before I needed it. We live and learn. And I'd accidentally nudged it to -2 stops by accident for which I kick myself over and over again, as I had to push the first few shots post processing

Andy

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X