A very cold Cad West 23/02/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very cold Cad West 23/02/10

The trek up to Cad West yesterday was an adventure in itself. Normally it takes me around 25 minutes to get near the top, however it took an hour and 20 minutes! The track had totally disappeared under between 6 and 8 inches of snow so I had no option but to go cross country.
    I pitched up on level ground just below the top of the ridge and couldn't believe the bitterly cold wind rushing past. Anyway stuck it out for just under 4 hours and called it a day once the snow started falling and the area was clagging up with mist.
    Considering the weather had a couple of T2 passes followed by a Tonka and few Hawk passes to round the day off.
    I was a bit surprised not to have seen a couple of blokes in white coats waiting for me in the carpark. Maybe it was too cold for them too!

Tim

Last edited by Lowflyer; 24-02-2010, 19:27.

Re: A very cold Cad West 23/02/10

Super shots, really like them....
    I think the guys in the white coats were waiting for the right person (lol).. way to cold for me.
    EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

You're a braver man that I Gunga Din... but at least you got some great (and different!) images for the day... I don't recall seeing any of these with so much snow down! Hope you enjoyed a well-earned hot-toddy afterwards...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Fabulous shots, Tim, the snowy back drops make for a nice change from the usual shots we see from this site, definately worth the trek and braving the elements for

Nigel
        My Flickr photostream

Comment

Working...
        X