X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vulcan 1st Flight of 2015

Great set of images Paul
    Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Thanks Paul and Alex, much appreciated

Regards Paul

Comment

I's going to be at Weston-super-Mare in June and I plan to be there. Even more so now it's in it's last year of flights.
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

That's a great series of shots - the Vulcan looks best almost upside down I think!

As for its last year, well... every year for the last 4 years has been its last year, with apparently insurmountable problems.

I'll believe it when I see it!

It will be sad to see it go indeed, whenever it is that really happens.

Comment

It is repairable but the cost is prohibitive
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
              It is repairable but the cost is prohibitive
              The reason they are going to cease flying isn't because something is broken, they claim this time it is due to the firms supporting them are withdrawing their support. If something that serious needed repairing it wouldn't be flying a last season.

Cost has been prohibitive on items for the last 4 years, the costs have mysteriously been met each time...

Call me cynical but there we are :)

Comment

It's not just that support is being withdrawn, they say it's a shortage of maintenance staff trained in Vulcan systems.

The plan is to maintain the Vulcan in fast taxi run condition, but as these marvellous images show it belongs in the sky, there is just nothing else of this size like it.

Interestingly, at the 1955 Farnborough Air Show Roly Falk performed a Barrel Roll in the second prototype Vulcan! That really must have been an amazing sight.
                Last edited by jk224; 01-06-2015, 14:48.
                John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by jk224 View Post
                  It's not just that support is being withdrawn, they say it's a shortage of maintenance staff trained in Vulcan systems.

The plan is to maintain the Vulcan in fast taxi run condition, but as these marvellous images show it belongs in the sky, there is just nothing else of this size like it.

Interestingly, at the 1955 Farnborough Air Show Roly Falk performed a Barrel Roll in the second prototype Vulcan! That really must have been an amazing sight.
                  Indeed, incredible! I'd love to have seen that.

It is a great thing to watch flying, nothing quite like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X