P 40 Kittyhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P 40 Kittyhawk

Have to agree with Tony there is a strange colour to the aircraft after Googling the"Lulu Belle" it definately shows it as a military greyish green not a blue

Gordon

Comment

Have to agree with Tony there is a strange colour to the aircraft after Googling the"Lulu Belle" it definately shows it as a military greyish green not a blue
      having resampled the white point in ACR, there is a slight difference in the colour but in the light I shot in, will never get it looking just like the pictures

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Great shot, and the name caused me to do some research, since I knew that plane only as the P-40 Warhawk. Now I learn the early models made for the UK and Russia were the Tomahawk and the later called Kittyhawk. It was the third most-produced American fighter. 13,738 total built, behind only the P-51 Mustang and the P-47 Thunderbolt. My favorite, though, remains the P-38 Lightning, designed by Kelly Johnson while he was still in college. Kelly Johnson, working for Lockheed, went on to design the U-2 and lead the design team for the SR-71 Blackbird.
        Bill
        "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious." -Paul Harvey, 1964

Comment

Working...
        X