Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincolnshire Lancaster Association Day

Hi All,

Yesterday was LLA Day at RAF Coningsby. It is always the last Flying day of the Season for the BBMF, the Day gets bigger and better every year, sadly the Veterans attending become less every year.

Unfortunately the Lancaster wasn't quite ready to return to the Air following her engine fire earlier this year which has meant she missed virtually all of the Season.

It was intended for the Lanc to fly with the Vulcan for the last time but it wasn't to be, though I expect the Lanc to fly this week so I wouldn't be surprised to see them fly together next weekend when the Vulcan makes it's final Tour.

Weather was dreadfully white bright sky for one direction and also very hazy in parts, there was however a decent sized patch of blue.

The Spitfire and Typhoon Synchro Pair opened the show.

Here is Ben Westoby Brooks flying his last Display

12 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Flt Lt Parkinson MBE, a Stalwart of the BBMF and RAF Coningsby, ex Red Arrows, this Guy can really fly!!

13 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Out of the Haze so not a great pic but thought it showed the Formation well.

15 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Here she is, coming into the Blue

16 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Easy to overlook the Dak but she is just so Graceful

17 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Here are the Fighters, 7 Spitfires and 2 Hurricanes, the 2 Two Seater Spits and the Silver one were Visitors, all others are BBMF

22 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Vulcan, "Spirit of Great Britain" for the Final time at RAF Coningsby

32 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

A sight and a sound to send tingles down your spine!!

37 by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Regards Paul

Re: Lincolnshire Lancaster Association Day

stunning work
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

stunning work
      I echo Ian's Quote stunning work

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Exemplary aircraft photography
        James
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Super set Paul

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Absolutely wonderful Paul - very well done indeed.
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

A wonderful set Paul

Tom

Comment

An incredible set of images Paul. Just wish I could have seen it.

Sue

Comment

Brilliant images Paul.
                  Scott

500px flickr

Comment

A brilliant set there Paul. They're all good but the Spitfire and Dakota are the stand outs for me
                    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

All superb pictures, but the last one is especially amazing in what it shows.
                      John

70D, 30D, G1X Mk II, G12, EF-S 15-85, EF-S 18-55 STM, EF 40 STM, EF 50 II f 1.8, Sigma 10-20 f 4-5.6, Sigma 150-500 f 5-6.3, Sigma 1.4 EX DG Teleconverter, Tamron 90 f 2.8, Tamron 70-300 VC, Speedlite 270EX, 270EX MkII, 430EX III-RT, 550EX, 580EX, 600EX-RT and numerous bits and pieces.

Comment

A truly fantastic set of images Paul, wish I could have caught them too
                        Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thanks to everyone who looked and especially those who left a comment, as always very much appreciated.

It really is a very special day at RAF Coningsby and it seems to get better every year, it was an amazing sight to see and to hear the 9 Merlin engines and the Vulcan together, what a shame the Lancaster wasn't quite ready to fly together with the Vulcan for the last time.

It was quite a shock sat outside the Base as where I was I couldn't quite see the Fighters Taxy out to Take off, but then on the Airband I heard the Boss say, Call in, and I was expecting to hear the BBMF's Six Fighter Pilots call in, One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine!! Bloody Hell there's Nine of them!! It was great to see them following each other down the Runway and lifting off.

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X