Griffon power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griffon power

Ok I did this along with others for some people a while ago, they were taken on my 50D, basically the request was for an image of the engine from different views hovering in mid space with the engine mounts on and done like you see in illustrated manuals.

This wasn't as easy as it sounds as the engine was in a stand, so I took several shots against some light cupboards and we then fitted a crane and lifting sling, raised the engine up, the stand was removed and the mounts fitted.

Each view was done several times as the engine was free to swing, same went for the stand shots.
    When completed I then had to distort and tweak the levels to get the top half minus the lifting harness to merge with the suspended bottom half of the engine.
    And because the engine was swinging, it was impossible to get a perfect shot of both, so I had to do some jiggery pokey in Photoshop to get it right, and then remove the background detritus.

Anyway, you judge if it worked, they were happy

Something different as they say
    Last edited by TonyT; 19-07-2016, 15:41.
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Re: Griffon power

you have managed some good detail throughout in difficult circumstances

stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Now that's what I call an engine. Well done on overcoming the technical hurdles.

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Tom

Comment

Thanks guys, it was a challenge
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
          X