rhyl airshow 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rhyl airshow 2016

start off with a spitfire from yesterday ,the gods were against us in the form of displays being cancelled and then appalling heavy low cloud for a airshow ,but a few blue patches of sky helped to ease things .the weather did stop the main display from the red arrows all we got was a flypast .
    achtung spitfeur by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

display team
    topsy turvy by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

red arrows
    a little patch of blue by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr
    Last edited by the black fox; 29-08-2016, 15:41.

Re: rhyl airshow 2016

A nice pair of images, nicely done.
    Andy

Comment

You have the colours of the aircraft well, particularly the spitfire which I have always had difficulty with in Bournemouth. Looks like you were shooting AV as you have a shutter of 1/2000 and 1/2500, much too fast for a prop plane. Should always be shot Tv, shutter 1/320 or less to get some blur in the props otherwise they just look static

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Good images Jeff. Well done despite the clouds and weather.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Aside from stopping the props, very good images Jeff

Tom

Comment

A nice set As Stan said that shutter was a bit fast for props but still results to be pleased with.

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Great set Jeff, love the spitfire and Reds

Comment

if i had slowed down the speed to blur the props the images would have had far to much shake in them ,in all honesty the weather was atrocious ,even the red arrows could only manage a fly past heavy cloud cover down to under 1000 feet they announced. jan spent most of the day in the portable hide we took shivering . the few salvageable pics from the pair of us were taken against the few patches of blue during the day .
                today theres hardly been a cloud in the sky ,but i don't do travel on a nice weather bank holiday in this part of the world

Comment

Nice set Jeff.I am not an expert but I think they are very good considering the weather. Yes agree with you the weather was against anyone at an Airshow in the South of England. I was at Wings And Wheels and looking at your pics you had a lot more blue sky than us.
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

Put it this way Chris i took around 1300 shots ,less than 100 are useable but repeats so I'll probably get another 3 out maximum ,Jan has a few from different angles that I'm still to look at

Comment

I will look forward to seeing more of your shots from yesterday, hopefully you will have some more.

Chris
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/47382834@N07/

Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X