Spitfire Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spitfire Finals

See Neil, we must have been close to each other.

Spitfire finals by Tony Taylor, on Flickr
    Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Re: Spitfire Finals

excellent

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Hi Tony,

Good shot, mate. You couldn't have missed me - I was the tall guy on the 'hot' side of the fence with the 1DX + 500mil. I'd just been on walkabout when Charlie Brown turned up so all I had was the 500mil on one camera and a 24-70 on the other body - talk about little and large!

I wasn't very happy the way the flight line had been totally changed. I was able to walk up towards the VIP tent, but for others on the other side of the fence must've been quite displeased - I know I would've been! I think next year I'l;l just sit in the car park. Apparently, they got the best display!!

Cheers,
      Neil
      Neilly's Flickr Page
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
      Facebook
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Comment

Tell me about it, it also put the sun directly behind the display line, I was wincing at people taking photos with telephoto lenses pointing at it.
        It was pretty much a total disappointment, ( I left early because it was pointless staying ) before the Spits displayed and I had a cracking view of them from the back road into Cosby, they were roughly about the same distance from myself as they were from the display line in the past, the other thing they need to do is shift all the visiting aircraft down the other end and tack them onto the end of the display walk, as you couldn't get photographs of those arriving and departing due to the parked up spam cans getting in the way. I don't know if I will bother next year if it remains the same format, at £18 it was a waste of money, especially as one could watch the flying show both closer and in a better position to photograph it off site! and that in itself is self defeating in the CAA actions. I wasn't the only one, the 5 or 6 photographers within earshot were all expressing the same thought. if it continues I can sadly see the show fail, they must have struggled this year with Saturdays attendance figures.

I probably did see you, but to be honest, I don't take much notice of those around me, there was a guy next to me with a 200-400 (gulp!) who must also have been regretting coming.

I was the shorter guy on the 'cold' side of the fence with the 1DX + 500mil.

Last edited by TonyT; 06-09-2016, 12:30.
        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Well done Tony.

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X