Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vulcan re-touched up

Hi Guys,

Never done much photo manipulation before so this is a bit of a first (well 2nd attempt)

The Vulcan was on a grey sky & I think it needed something better behind it - C&C would be great - Thanks.

TTFN,
    Neil
    Neilly's Flickr Page
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60833437@N08/
    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neil-...67642190098333

Re: Vulcan re-touched up

Superbly done. It looks real ................ therefore it is real.

Compositionally, the diagonal across the frame is very strong, but I would have made the Vulcan slightly smaller, to allow a little more space in front of it. Moving subjects always look more balanced if there is extra space for them to move in to.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Hi Neil;

Looks pretty damned good to me... I can't see any sign of trickery; so well done!

I'm sure the owner would want this as a wall-mount!

cheers...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I agree with Colin and CF, it doesn't look odd or out of place, nicely done

Comment

Nice sharp picture, but to my eye the panel lines are too pronounced.
          Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

I was at an air show some years back and one of these turned to acend vertically - the noise was incredible, some people dropped to their knees!

Comment

I know it is a large model Neil, but just how large is large?

Colin
              Colin

Comment

An excellent manipulation but just a little too tight in the frame

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments - all taken in

The model has a wingspan of near 18ft. It has two jet engines - the brain can't remember what make they are Rufforth was its final show - apparently! However, Dave Johnson is building a new Vulcan & this time it will be 100% scale and have a wingspan of 20ft!!!!!! Add to this 4 jet engines and it should be a superb sight with lots a Vulcan type noise - bloody great, I say

I agree with you Oggie about the panel lines - this is always a problem when they're painted on. When I do mine I paint over fine line tape and then weather the paint work. I'll try & dig out some pictures of my P-40 and show what I mean. The Vulcan was built many years ago and things have moved on. It was originally made to fly on ducted fan petrol engines.

This is the bit where 170lbs of model goes vertical! Doesn't make quite the same noise & rumble of the real thing, but its still bloomin' impressive.

There was one other thing I did to the picture, too. I shortened the nose - the length of the fuselage on the model is to long and I'm pleased the join can't be seen. At the rate I'm going to have to stop being a full time technophobe!

TTFN,
                  Neil
                  Neilly's Flickr Page
                  Facebook

Comment

A great image,I saw the real thing last year at Blackpool and they do make a noise..this is a great model and the sky looks as though it was always there.

Coda
                    There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Hi Neil;

That second image (of the last two) is bloody good fortuitous timing as well...

Looks just like the engines have burnt a hole in the cloud; the heat-vapour sits nicely around the cloud line... I remain in awe!

Keep it up... I look forward to your imaging of the new-build Vulcan!
                      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Hi C-F,

It was just one of those lucky shots you get now & then - wasn't planned. A case of blast enough pictures & you're bound to get one or two half decent ones sooner or later

TTFN,
                        Neil
                        Neilly's Flickr Page
                        Facebook

Comment

Everything Cannon - Fodder just said!

Colin
                          Colin

Comment

D'Oh -I hadn't registered that it was a model. What a bozy darstard.
                            Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Originally posted by Oggie View Post
                              D'Oh -I hadn't registered that it was a model. What a bozy darstard.
                              And that's because the models are so good

Comment

Working...
                              X