USAF Thunderbird HDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USAF Thunderbird HDR

took this 2 weekends ago @ Whiteman AFB at the Wings Over Whiteman Airshow with my old Rebel XTi.

HDR Photograph of a USAF Thunderbird. merged w/ Photomatix.

Canon EOS 5D MK-II | EF 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L I USM | EF 24-105mm f/4 IS | EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 coming 01/2011

Re: USAF Thunderbird HDR

Fabulous aircraft, which I note you have used as your Avatar.

I am wondering if the HDR process has done your shot the justice it deserves. Photomatrix is very good, but it does throw a wobbly sometimes. Would you mind posting a copy of the original?

Colin
    Colin

Comment

I am not sure that HDR has added anything to this shot and whether its the effect of the HDR but it all looks a bit soft to my eyes
      Sorry

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Mmmmm... image certainly needs some sharpening (and levelling) IMO...

Is this a single-shot pseudo-HDR tone-mapped... or a 3-shot blend?

I'm not sure there was sufficient dynamic-range in the original to give Photomatix enough to work on.

On the upside; it looks to have picked up some nice detail... I think there's some potential in here for a bit of a re-work.
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Working...
        X