Red Arrows at Clacton Airshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Arrows at Clacton Airshow

The Red Arrows display at Clacton Airshow today ....

EY7P4686-Edit by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

I couldn't make up my mind whether to leave the gulls in or clone them out, what do you think?
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Clone out the gull, it’s as big as RA but without the smoke.

BTW just 7 doing the display rather than 9? I’ve been reading the Red Tops saying all is not well back at RA HQ?
      Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Well with the news today about the Arrows, now down to seven aircraft - I would leave them in Jeff to make up numbers
        On a serious note, I would leave them in.
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks Bo and Trev. I have a 'with and without' version to keep me happy. I lean to the 'with' seeing that it was taken on our coast. Sort of sets the scene.

This is another shot from yesterday....

Clacton Airshow 25th August 2022 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

I'm off to work this morning but hope to get back down to the Airshow again this afternoon. Meant to be blue skies today though.
          Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Where are they flying this afternoon near you. Just asking as they are doing Sidmouth Air Show just up the coast from me today. Usually pass over my place going to and fro from Exeter Airport their base when they are down this neck of the woods.
            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Originally posted by Coolcat View Post
              I couldn't make up my mind whether to leave the gulls in or clone them out, what do you think?
              I'd lose the one in the first shot - once spotted it does draw the eye away from the subjects plus, on top of that, it's close to the edge which tends to draw the eye out of the picture even more...

Good stuff otherwise.
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                Where are they flying this afternoon near you. Just asking as they are doing Sidmouth Air Show just up the coast from me today. Usually pass over my place going to and fro from Exeter Airport their base when they are down this neck of the woods.
                My home Trev.
                Clacton On Sea Airshow .
                Red Arrows overhead as we speak but I’ve only just got back from work . Traffic horrendous so I came straight home .
                dint think I’ll bother venturing down to the seafront today !
                Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post

I'd lose the one in the first shot - once spotted it does draw the eye away from the subjects plus, on top of that, it's close to the edge which tends to draw the eye out of the picture even more...

Good stuff otherwise.
                  Cheers Nigel,
                  I have both versions as I said and agree with what you say……But.
                  For us Seasiders the Gull makes sense .
                  I could move it for compositional purposes but I’ll leave it where it was as a happy accident. The other one is harder to spot
                  If I use the shot in competition then the gulls go !
                  Last edited by Coolcat; 26-08-2022, 13:17.
                  Regards,

Jeff

Comment

The Sidmouth display has been cancelled - ‘Techincal Issues’ a term that can cover a very wide range of problems.
                    Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Great shots Jeff, leave the gulls in for me.
                      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Working...
                      X