Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind prop blur...

I give you wing blur

When I first looked at this picture I thought DOF and had to look at the exif, then it struck me there was no way I was going to get a DOF that small.
    Last edited by Oggie; 16-09-2011, 22:33.
    Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Re: Never mind prop blur...

Just think what it must be like inside the cockpit, great shot which race was this at?

Comment

Nice image, I like the livery, really effective for colour photograpy, as I am not an aircraft expert what are those frames on the ends of the wing? not seen that before.

Ray

Comment

I have to ask, is it because the wings are flexing, or just purely down to speed?
        Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

nice shot! you can almost feel the speed and g-force in that turn.
          David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
          All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

This is the layest thing in small very aerobatic planes. People reckon that pilots will only last two to three years before they have to give up flying them.

The things on the wing tips are for the pilot to align with the horizon so they can tell they are going straight or down of at 45deg.

I have to say I am quite surprised this picture worked. Wings do flex a small amount but if they were flexing that much I would be looking for a parachute.

The aircraft is rolling rapidly to it's left. Parts of it near the axis of this roll only move a small amount but further away they move more, hence the wing tips being blurred.

It seems that if an object moves less than a certain amount, the camera sees it as sharp, hence the fuselage.
            Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Working...
            X