disused 747

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disused 747

just getting used to trying out various settings my new 450d...c&c welcome but please dont make a newbie cry

chris
    Attached Files

Re: disused 747

There's something creepy about old disused equipment. Probably because it is no longer used for it's original purpose. Worth going back again if you get the chance. Interesting shots.

Comment

The only one I'm not sure of is no3 (trees interfering in the shot), the rest I like very much. The shot of the wheels could do with a bit more depth of focus. If you converted No1 to B&W you'd complete the set... Great little essay, thanks for showing.
      Dave

Comment

thanks for comments so far,

I got to go there as part of a Fire Service exercise that we are planning, and will go back there for the actual event, but it could be a bit busy for these types of photos but may get some action shots. The good part about my job is that I get to visit some unusual places, or some well known places but access unusual area such as a cathedral roof...

I agree about the trees etc but was undecided whether to crop them out or whether they were needed to give some context or not?

Is the attached landing gear pic an improvement re:DoF?

no1 does look better in B&W as part of the set.

regards

chris
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a great little set now Chris. The undercarriage shot is a big improvement and there's no bird crap on the wheel, which was also a bit distracting in the first version. (take a wire brush with on your next visit). Look forward to seeing more and some of the Fire Service exercises when you take them.
          Dave

Comment

I like the third one (undercarriage) in post #4 now. Very good unusual perspective.

Comment

Working...
            X