Bluebell railway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluebell railway

It was down to the Bluebell today to give my newly acquired Sigma 10-20 an airing. Im pretty impressed mysely. Let me know please what you think?

#1 Taking on water

Taking on water by mathews38, on Flickr

#2 signal box

Sheffield Pk Signal box by mathews38, on Flickr

#3 Waiting

Waiting by mathews38, on Flickr

#4 Preparing for work

Preparing for work by mathews38, on Flickr

#5 Westinghouse Break

Westinghouse brake by mathews38, on Flickr

Re: Bluebell railway

some impressive images, particularly #4. looks like you will enjoy the siggy
    regards
    Donald

Comment

Some great pictures, I must get out and take some pictures of some steam trains. Particually like 4 because I worked for Westinghouse in Chippenham about 27 years ago. I remember put up kits for the P4 brake valve, at one time they employed about 7,000/7500 people but now it less than a 1000?
      http://www.r-chappell-photography.com/

Comment

Some very nice pictures hhcanon. I also like number 4 but also I would love to be let loose in that signal box.
        Cheers
        Treff

Comment

Cracking set of images, works well as the pictures have a narrative behind them.

My only very slight niggle is there is green CA on the water pipe.

Still, good work, some thought gone into the presentation of the series.
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

They are all very good - with the signal box getting my #1 vote
            ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by Rich735 View Post
              Some great pictures, I must get out and take some pictures of some steam trains. Particually like 4 because I worked for Westinghouse in Chippenham about 27 years ago. I remember put up kits for the P4 brake valve, at one time they employed about 7,000/7500 people but now it less than a 1000?
              Thanx chaps-Rich-I must Google westinghouse. they have been around for a century, but I guess they are going the same way as most British industry?

Comment

The signal box is my fave
                Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Sorry Rob - just got back from a business trip and I'm catching up... not been ignoring you!

Really like that set, some interesting view points... must get there myself sometime! I really like the signal box, really sharp. Lens working well for you.

See you soon, all the best, Mike.
                  flickr
                  5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Naturally like them all ... but I've a soft spot for 9F's (#4).

Thanks for these on what is a cold, wit & wendy day outside.

Comment

Quite nice Pics. Will second the signal box as my fav. Yes, the siggy is a great lens and rather easy to use once you get the hang of it. Mind the edges for curving verticals unless you deliberately want a fish eye sort of effect.
                      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Really nice series of shots. Very well done.

Tom

Comment

Thanks all, for your positive comments, thats cheered me up.

Comment

Great set of photos. Love all those lamps in the signal box, shame about the modern heater though!
                            Colin

Colin Wallace Photography

Canon 5D MKIII / 24-105L F4 USM IS / 70-300L F4 USM IS

Comment

Thanx Colin - I agree about the wall heater. The signal box is unusual in that its actually on the platform, the roof of which is currebtly under restoration. The 'lamps' are i think 'indicators' of some sort. im no epert but will ask next time Im down there. if you ever come to the Bluebell let me know and I will arrange to meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X